Discountinued graphics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roidster View Post
    im not sure why they just dont make a vinyl sticker of those graphics,stick it on and clear coat over it,it would make life easier,and they still can be mass produced
    Because only ESP does that stupid shit.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I am not sure I would pay top dollar for a paint job by Dan Lorenzo.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I would prefer a job done by Dan Lawrence or Mike's...but I'm not exactly sure if it would be because it would be necesarily "better" or only because is "true" to the all American thing.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
          Well, that'd be a tough one. Americans hire Mexicans because of 2 things... 1) they're most of the time "experts" on making guitars and painting them etc since they did that for a living in their country, plus, most of them are pretty devoted to their jobs, they push it to the limit. 2) I believe they will be "cheaper" to hire too.

When I was working in Seattle I had 2 jobs, I did rebuildings and demo's at appartment complexes and I worked a gourmet restaurant as a waiter on the evenings. I'm not Mexican, I'm italian, living in Peru. Thing is, the owners of the places me and my friends worked for were pleasantly surprised that we had University degrees, we knew 3 languages and we did everything fast and better than some of their American employees, and definately better than Mexicans though, we were getting 12 bucks per hour and the American guys were getting 25.... The thing with Mexicans is that most of them who "cross" over to the US do so ilegally and most of the time they're not instructed, some of them are actually "bums", most of them are families looking for a better living, but the thing in common with the guys that cross over through the river or whatever is that they're very poor and that they're not that well instructed, like, no high school and all.

I'm not making a generalization here, but most of the guys I worked with who were Mexicans, were that way, and most of the people I met who worked with Mexicans (illegal crossers) were this way too.

I think that the crew guitar builders hire, are usually compeltely legal and they get them because they got special skills on determined areas, like painting, finishing, etc etc and they must rule on that field.

If you check Fender, BC Rich, Moser, Jackson, Dean, etc they all have Mexicans, no exceptions, and they do almost all of the work.

I'm a total defender of the concept: "buy an object made in it's country of origin". Always. If you buy an American guitar brand, get the USA made, or if you want the Japanese guitar brand, get it made in Japan. Like, I wouldn't buy a Ferrari "made in Germany". BUT, the people who work at these countries making these objects, are usually not always "true Americans". Same applies to Europe. If a guy named PANCHO finished my King V, but the guitar was made in the USA, with all the required quality standards that means, then... what can I do about it? I'm pretty sure it will be hard to find a guitar company in the USA with pure blooded Americans doing all the work, like, sanding down guitars, wiring electronics, hell, cleaning up the workshop. Myabe in the 50's?

Ever seen "pimp my ride" or "overhaulin'" on TV? Did you notice the people doing most of the finishing, audio setups, interiors, etc?

Think about it.
          As far as I am concerned Made in America is simple geography. It give people a place to work INSIDE the US. If its all immigrants so be it. My family on both sides were all immigrants at one time or another ( italy, Ireland, England, Scotland and Germany ). I dont care where someone is born or thier citizenship. If they do it in the US its made in america. Besides, most folks that are born and raised here are not interested in doing that kind of work for the wages that are paid. you are hard pressed to find a born and raised american doing landscaping around washington DC. 99% central american.

Bottomline is I care about the quality and value. My Model series Charvels are insane. PERFECT. I have many USA charvels and jacksons that are the same. Good value, great guitars made by all sorts of folks I reckon.

Comment

If FMIC is hiring illegals I say report them...

Comment

Work from the well known artists weve come to know will still be available from what I heard just 3 times more money like everything else,not that it will surprise anyone here with knowledge of the recent history of ridiculus price increases and lower quality/no customer service.
              Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

80's are gone.

Forever
                Because I don't say it
                Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Working...
                X