USA Fusion body - which neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Fusion body - which neck?

Just scored a nice Fusion body (says USA in the neck pocket), and I need to know which short scale 24 fret necks would work with it.

Would a Charvel or Jackson Pro neck fit and intonate properly?
    The reason I'm asking is that it will probably be very hard to find a USA short scale neck.

how can you tell it's a Fusion body?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

That bottom cutaway is a dead giveaway...

As far as an import neck fitting, I would think it should. Never tried it though. I'm sure someone else can offer better advice on that one...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

3 holes and a blade-slot

All the USA Fusions I've had, the 3rd hole was a mini-toggle to turn the Mid Sweep on/off, and IIRC the Preamp in other models had either no toggle (knob controlled rate) or just one knob with the mini.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
          That bottom cutaway is a dead giveaway...
          Some dinkys have had the same beveled cutaway, IIRC.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

DOH!!!

(Always forget the dinkys... It's a sickness...)
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Throw a 25.5 scale neck on there and take a measurement from the 12th fret to the bridge. It should measure 12.75 inches. Short scale is 12.375 inches from the 12th fret to the bridge.
              That's the fastest way I know to find out what scale it is if you don't know for sure about the body.
              -Rick

Comment

All my other guitars are neckthrough or set neck, so I don't have any that I could use to mock it up. No one else that I know of within 1000 miles does either.

I'm quite sure it's a Fusion, due to the bottom cutaway, and the 3 holes for volume/tone/switch.
                According to the catalog scans from Henrik this colour/design option wasn't available on Dinkys, nor do they have 3 holes for the controls, so I'm pretty sure it's not that. The 1990 USA Fusion does however come in this color.
                There seems to be a lot more 24 fret 25 1/2" scale necks around, so in one way it's unfortunate it's not a Dinky.

Comment

How much didya pay for the body in the end?

And how cold is it in Yukon now?
                  My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

You could always order a strathead neck for it.
                    That would look pretty slick. ANd you could get it in the proper scale length.
                    -Rick

Comment

Yep, Warmoth wil make one for ya for it!! Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                        How much didya pay for the body in the end?

And how cold is it in Yukon now?
                        I think/hope I paid a fair price, considering I've wanted a firecrackle guitar for a while now, and it's a USA body. Under $130 + shipping.

It's actually very nice here lately, much warmer than usual, at only -12 C. / +8 F as I write this.
                        Gotta love that global warming!!!

As to the neck, it's gotta be a pointy! Preferrably with sharkies.
                        A strathead on that body wouldn't do it justice.

Comment

Originally posted by 37fiat View Post
                          I think/hope I paid a fair price, considering I've wanted a firecrackle guitar for a while now, and it's a USA body. Under $130 + shipping.

It's actually very nice here lately, much warmer than usual, at only -12 C. / +8 F as I write this.
                          Gotta love that global warming!!!

As to the neck, it's gotta be a pointy! Preferrably with sharkies.
                          A strathead on that body wouldn't do it justice.
                          -12 c, that's even colder than what we have over here right now..Strange times man, strange times!!

I agree with you on the pointy, but I think it'll look KILLER with a reverse pointy!!

Comment

Totally with you on that!!

Now the search to find something, since it's pretty hard to play it without a neck!

I have friends who are Norwegian, and they say the Yukon is very similar except for the fjords. Cool tunes by the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by 37fiat View Post
                              Totally with you on that!!

Now the search to find something, since it's pretty hard to play it without a neck!

I have friends who are Norwegian, and they say the Yukon is very similar except for the fjords. Cool tunes by the way!!

I've never been to Yukon, but the fishing up there is good, right? Some of the fjords in the west of Norway are quite spectacular, but I've only driven through some of them a couple of times..

I'm not claiming to be an expert, but isn't there some of the Jacksons that are reversed? And you need a 24-fret??

And oh, thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
                              X