No announcement yet.

Anybody got their custom quotes lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got their custom quotes lately?

I was wondering if there is any other "official" proof of the price increase and also of how much this is... Me I still have nothing from the new pricing...

I want to know that too...
    Just because this is entertaining to retards like me...
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I have heard 20% increase the alot, but I wonder what is the official increase? 20% is ridiculous at best. They lost me with that much. 5% ok,10% a big maybe, more than 10% lost me again. Jack.

Comment

It's not finalised yet, but there's no 'across the board' increase. Some things aren't going to change, somethings (for instance birdseye necks) are going to go up quite a bit.

I had a quote back last week, and was pleasantly surprised....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Pleasantly as in "little increase" ?

Comment

I got one a couple months back and was pleasantly horrified...
            Hear the universe scream
            Bleeding from black holes
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

Southpaw guitars says on certain models like the PC1 KV and kelly the custom shop increase is a 100%. I just placed a custom order and I paid too much but it was the last custom I wanted.

Comment

Well, I just got a quote back from one of the dealers and I was unpleasantly horrified... I'm making the "basic" spec sheet that I wanted without any 5 piece laminations and stuff and It costs even more than with all that stuff, like... a month back.

Comment

This is why I'm gonna make damn sure I order exactly what I want, cuz it may not happen again...
                  Last edited by paulbag; 02-17-2007, 10:56 PM.
                  Hear the universe scream
                  Bleeding from black holes
                  Whom horns careless
                  And whom God mourns

Comment

Yeah... oh boy, thing is I don't wanna loose my current KV-2, I want to have a "beater" guitar to play live and practice and whatnot, If I sell it to get the custom then I'd only have the custom and I'm too anal about that getting thrashed on stage and all.

The other thing is, Rico's although very cool, have some strange "weak" things, like plastic non recessed backplates (like on my friends 199 dollar Ibanez) and a decal logo.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                      The other thing is, Rico's although very cool, have some strange "weak" things, like plastic non recessed backplates (like on my friends 199 dollar Ibanez) and a decal logo.

If you're that concerned about little things like that, I think you need to lighten up...BCR have pretty much always had non-recessed plates and it makes no difference what-so-ever. Jackson didn't used to inlay their logos either...
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Yeah... oh boy, thing is I don't wanna loose my current KV-2, I want to have a "beater" guitar to play live and practice and whatnot, If I sell it to get the custom then I'd only have the custom and I'm too anal about that getting thrashed on stage and all.

So,
                        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

So, you'd buy the custom and not play it??? Why bother???

Comment

I never said "not play it", I said, I have a guitar that I can play live and at rehearsals that I won't mind getting it scratched, dinged, sweated on, etc etc, the custom I'll play at home, record with it (actually, is what I do the most anyways), just not expose it to accidents. It's my way of thinking and I'll enjoy the custom guitar to the most, that way. See, I will feel terrible if this highly expensive guitar that took so much work to get, will get damaged or scratched or whatever, it's like, if you own a Ferrari probably you'll take it out on the weekend and drive your BMW through the week (lousy metaphor...), unless you are very loaded and you have a couple more Ferraris to spare, and a fender bender wouldn't be an issue at all.

P.S. Am I REALLY the only one that thinks like this?

Comment

All I'm sayin' is I bought my customs to play... Use 'em in rehearsal, and live... I spent the money on 'em, I'm gonna use 'em... Yes I do worry about 'damage', but I'm also pretty careful. Not saying you're wrong... just my opinion. If you're just buying a custom to look at... you might as well just have a picture of 'em... here ya go! You got 2 new customs!!!

(Not trying to dis you or start anything, just stating my $.02...)

Last edited by Charlz; 02-18-2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X