No announcement yet.

Anybody got their custom quotes lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, I never said I will have a custom guitar to "look at it", am I typing wrong here maybe? I said, I'll use it at home, to record, play and practice with it, but again, at home, I don't plan on taking it out, that's all.

Comment

I'd play mine live if I had a band. That's what makes them so special - you're not yet another shmuck on stage with another Rhoads, King V, or Soloist, you've got one that was custom made for you.

So what if it gets a ding here and there? It's only wood, paint, and metal.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

And 5 grand worth of me working my ass off for 2 years. It is important for me, it's a dream coming true.

Comment

Man, I only have one guitar that is like that. An Blue Flame maple 85 San Dimas Archtop Soloist prototype with no serial number. The thing never leaves my house because of sentimental reasons. It was my gift to myself for graduating from college. It is basically retired. So, I can understand a little bit of what you are saying. But, To buy a brand new CS guitar and not gig with it. That is like buying a lamborgini and never dropping the dime on it.

-Nate
          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Can you post some pics of that Soloist prototype archtop? Sounds killer. How did you come by it?

Comment

It also depends how 'secure' your gig is. If you are doing one of those '5 bands in a night' and you have 5 minutes to get on and off stage and you have to pile your stuff off to the side and wait your turn, then maybe taking a one-of-a-kind custom isn't the best/smartest idea. I played a cover band gig from 9pm to 1am where the band and my guitars were 3 feet from the back door. If I wanted to sit with them the whole time, then taking a custom would be ok, however, just the time to go to the bathroom means a guitar could be taken out the door, so I took some Korean ones.

My normal cover band gig location is much more secure, so I took 5 guitars worth total value close to $7,000 on our last one.

And Newc is right, nice to be playing something that every 'tom/dick/harry' isn't playing!

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                It also depends how 'secure' your gig is
                Exactly. I don't mind exposing CS to gigs enviroments, but shit happens on club gigs. Even if the club has a dressing room, it is usually not guarded. Once I hade my MIDI floorboard stolen (the asshole probably thought that it is a multi-fx processor), some guys lost their moblies or mp3 players left in jacket pockets, pedals, cymbals, tuners... whatever...

on topic subject - I'm waiting for a CS quote. Pretty much basic guitar - solid color, rear-loaded, 24-fret, mahogany wings Rhoads. Will compare it with 2006 year pricing on my CS Soloist with more upcharging options.
                Because I don't say it
                Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
                  Can you post some pics of that Soloist prototype archtop? Sounds killer. How did you come by it?
                  Sure man... I can do that. I will do that probably by Wednesday if I get enough time. That guitar is how I ran into this this board. Racer X and a bunch of the old fellers here ID'd it for me. I just got to get it in some sunlight and take some shots. I forget why it was labled as a prototype. I think it was because of the wood flaw and the fact that they didn't do Archtops back then. I would have to look it up.

Oh yeah... how I came by it? I bought in used in a guitar center in San Jose, CA for $600.00 back in the mid 90's.

-Nate
                  Last edited by nateb; 02-19-2007, 03:35 AM.
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I consider other facts besides the security issue which is very important here as well.

In my case I won't like exposing my CS to the excesive wear and tear, sweat, pick scratches, possible dings between my guitar and the mic stand or the bass or some guy trying to give it a "feel" from the audience, whatever.

Personally when I play I sweat a lot and even wearing a wrist band (I made it from a couple of Dunlop microfiber cloths sewn together, so it gets pretty much un-abrasive) I wet the guitar a lot, like, drippin' across it. Of course with a nice Dunlop 65 "treatment" I make it look like new in 20 minutes and I clean it right after practice, etc, but still, I'm kinda like "ok" since it's my beater guitar you know? I'm not sure If I will feel the same way about my CS.

I guess I'm too anal about my gear as you all may now know, but hell, that's the way it is inside my head

I'm still waiting on more quotes to come by (I sent a set of 'em to the main dealers) so I can compare the new pricing. I'm also waiting for the Rico Jr. quotes... I've been told that for less than the price of a CS Jackson I can get the whole guitar with abalone purfling, neck head and body. So, it all comes to the math at the end of the day, tough choice, Jackson is still #1 but common sense may take effect on the final word. Right?

Comment

Received my quote today. 30% up compared to the last year. It's insane.
                      Because I don't say it

Comment

Yeah, I receiced quotes from almost every possible dealer, the increase is between 20 to 35 %.

That's why I'm having a Rico Jr. done. I'll post the spec sheet and price so you can compare between the Jackson and the Rico AND the price...

Anybody knows if there will be an increase in the regular USA Selects?

Comment

AFAIK USA select price remain the same.
                          Because I don't say it

Comment

Originally posted by Carbophos View Post
                            Received my quote today. 30% up compared to the last year. It's insane.
                            Insane indeed Man, FMIC is fucking nutz Jack.

Comment

Good call on the Rico Jr. I love mine, one of, if not THE nicest bass I have ever owned or played. Only thing close was my 80's Bich Supreme.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                                Insane indeed Man, FMIC is fucking nutz Jack.
                                Well, J/C CS is overloaded by orders... fucking dentists )))
                                Because I don't say it

Comment

Working...
                                X