Custom Shop Quote - Today's Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Quote - Today's Info

I just got a quote for a custom shop Kelly, and it seems things have gone up by around 30%. Looks like the time line is still around 12 months.

That being said I am probably still moving ahead on the project, as I have wanted this guitar for some time, and while it will cost more, I am only going to purchase one of these things in my lifetime.

So another data point that prices are up. Again, I think they are trying to find what the market will bear.

ouch that's a big bite right in the ass.........

I'll be one of the a-holes laying low & snatching up the used goods on the cheap....
    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Poor you...
      :/...
      But, at least you will get your guitar( I Hoper QUICK!)
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

...or maybe look into some other custom shops? For some reason, when I've talked to some dealers (by email anyway) and even when I called Jackson when I was in the USA, they kinda treated me like they were in a hurry and some were even kinda rude or "dry", is this always the case?

I talked to Bernie Rico himself the other day and he was very warm and cool about everything, he kept asking ME questions, etc, very nice treatment.
        Last edited by LEOKV2; 02-20-2007, 07:14 PM.

Comment

tell us more about the specs..

Comment

Originally posted by Black Watch View Post
            I am only going to purchase one of these things in my lifetime.

Why's that?
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

7 string kelly, quilt maple top, dual EMGs, transparent finish, sharkfin inlays are the rough specs on it.

Bernie Rico Jr is a hell of a guy and a great luthier, I really want a Kelly shape. It will probably be the only one I buy, because I am really not going to own that many guitars. I know there are some avid collectors on this board, but I am buying this to play it!

BW

Comment

Wow, 30%, that is a real slap in the face by Jackson I thought 20% was ridiculous, but 30% is downright criminal Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                  ...or maybe look into some other custom shops? For some reason, when I've talked to some dealers (by email anyway) and even when I called Jackson when I was in the USA, they kinda treated me like they were in a hurry and some were even kinda rude or "dry", is this always the case?

I talked to Bernie Rico himself the other day and he was very warm and cool about everything, he kept asking ME questions, etc, very nice treatment.
                  Yeah, Jackson Custom Shop seems pretty hideously outrageous in regard to prices. I mean, it just seems like the gigantic markup is 'cause of the whole 'MADE IN USA' thing.

I'm actually kind of interested in Ran Customs, actually. I might want a custom Soloist-style in the future, and that seems like a good budget quality option.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Watch View Post
                    7 string kelly, quilt maple top, dual EMGs, transparent finish, sharkfin inlays are the rough specs on it.

Bernie Rico Jr is a hell of a guy and a great luthier, I really want a Kelly shape. It will probably be the only one I buy, because I am really not going to own that many guitars. I know there are some avid collectors on this board, but I am buying this to play it!

BW
                    Have you looked into Ran?
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

My dream is to own a Jackson Custom Shop guitar...but, well I don`t have the money(hey I turned lately 18 :S)
                      So I`m going with Ran I think... 1720€... for a RR, original floyd, sharkfins with pentagram on from the 11-13 fret, with case,White binding on headstock and freatboard,24 fret ebony board, black finish with green bevels, EMG 81 Bridge, EMG PA2...
                      40€ shipping... = 1760€...
                      A couple of months ago I`ve sent Ran the same guitar and the quote for that was 1680€... so Ran hit their prices up for 40€...
                      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I've noticed a big jump too...that sucks azz

Comment

Working...
                        X