Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes you'd wish stock USA Jacksons had (maybe they'll listen...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
    SLSMG with sharks and a standard headstock.
    Originally posted by Special-K View Post
    on the RR24 White Binding and/or REAL MOP inlays... or both
    The Ghostflame graphics on higher Import models (Pro Series)
    and pinstripes and/or bevels for the pro series(not just 2-3 to chose from)....
    This thread is about USA Jacksons, you know?

Comment

Yeah, I'm a retard. What of it?
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

EMG is love it or hate it thing. I think making EMG an available option would be cool. Because it's better to have factory-installed battery compartment. As for changing JB for something else... JB/JAZZ is a most versalite couple imho and pickups in general are a matter of taste and a pretty easy replacement (unless it is active-passive swap that requires to repalce the entire wiring, including the input jack.)

24 fret Rhoats would be a nice add to the USA select line.
        22 frets have the benefit or more "neck" sounding neck p/u, so those ho use fluid neck tone a lot prefer it. I consider that 22 and 24 should co-exist.

toggle or blade on KV? I don't care, honestly. Jumbo frets on a KV - YES!

STOP REDUCING THE NUMBER OF AVAILABLE FINISHES YEAR BY YEAR!
        And pinstripes/bevels group should be enhanced
        Because I don't say it
        Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Man, I'm glad my Jacks didn't come with stock EMG's.

But the volume and tone know could be moved on some of the models, also the switch.

Comment

The way I see the EMG thing is:

If you ship the guitar with passive pickups, and the person wants to install EMGs and a battery compartment, it's up to them. If it comes with EMGs stock and the person digs passive pickups more, they've got a useless battery compartment.

Not a big deal, I know, but just sayin'.

Also, the Rhoads is one of the few USA 22-fret models Jackson offers. I understand the desire for a USA RR24, but to take away the classic is a fucking stupid idea. Randy didn't design it with 24 frets.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Randy didn't design it with FR also. So Jackson could keep the 22-fret RR1T as a part of a tradition and have 24-fret RR1 as well.
              Because I don't say it

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                And I do agree that a 3-way toggle on the KV would be better - really, does the KV strike you as the model to want the tonal variation offered by swapping the 3-way blade with a 5-way?
                Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                I mean, the King V doesn't look that "versatile" I mean, most of the time you'll be playing it on the humbuckers.
                Ohhhh, I see. The KV is a "metal" guitar, is it? Heaven forbid someone wanting to get more tonal options out of it. Especially candy-ass "strat" tones.

...Lemmings. Hope you enjoy that nice square little box your mind seems to live in.

Comment

I'm not trying to bother you shreddemon, honestly, acutally, not trying to bother anyone here. Take it easy.

Actually, they should have semi-custom options, like having EMG's or not (like, trans finished come with chrome hardware and flame tops, it could be EMG's come with a battery box, oh, and the trans finishes should be able to come with black hardware as an option too), 24 frets on a Rhoads, mahogany bodies, etc etc, it will be cheaper than ordering a custom made guitar, plus, anyway getting a USA Jackson ain't easy like going to GC and pick the colour you like, most of the time you'll have to pre order them from a dealer, like if you want a Trans Black KV2, you won't see that everyday anyway, so you could add some changes to that and pay a difference, but not the custom price you'll pay to get a "unique" instrument.

Remember, these guys are rising their prices and they're also removing some finishes from the line, it should be the other way round, add stuff, add the price, add versatiliy, like, an added value for that price increase.

Personally I don't like the idea, I think it's unfair, to pay EXTRA for the SAME guitar you could've got last year with 400 bucks less. Not to speak about the custom shop... that's a bit nuttier.
                  Last edited by LEOKV2; 02-23-2007, 10:35 AM.

Comment

pricing is a supply and demand thing not just some fixed margin over the production costs and expenses. As long as product sells the price can't be "wrong" even if it is blatantly "unfair".

Of course that there's a reason to expand the production facilities, but I personally would prefer to take money for such an investment not from my own pocket, but from buyer's pocket.

Buisness is tough shit and life's a bitch
                    Because I don't say it

Comment

Remember, these guys are rising their prices and they're also removing some finishes from the line, it should be the other way round, add stuff, add the price, add versatiliy, like, an added value for that price increase.

Personally I don't like the idea, I think it's unfair, to pay EXTRA for the SAME guitar you could've got last year with 400 bucks less. Not to speak about the custom shop... that's a bit nuttier.
                      THIS i agree with.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Here's a suggestion: how about sending out guitars that are wired properly that don't sound fucking thin?
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Carbophos View Post
                          Randy didn't design it with FR also. So Jackson could keep the 22-fret RR1T as a part of a tradition and have 24-fret RR1 as well.
                          Randy's original had a vintage trem on it, though.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm not trying to bother you shreddemon, honestly, acutally, not trying to bother anyone here. Take it easy.
                            = humor, dude. Easy up, eh?

Comment

Ain't Rhandy's "original" that polka dotted guitar with a weird headstock (harpoon) and bowties? Was it a Jackson?

They should have the RHANDY RHOADS Flying V guitar, original to all the specs (pinstripes, 22 frets, standard trem or string through body with a V plate, etc etc) AND they should have the RR guitars of the current line upgraded to any other regular model of the Jackson line, like 24 frets, OFR, back routing, etc. In fact, maybe they should call that guitar differently, like King V Rhoads or something.

That way, they will have a "true" signature model, along with the PC series.

Also, they should stop calling the King V "KV2" since actually, its the only model available together with the KV2T. A good name will be just: KING V or KING VT, and they should've called the KV1 something like "DM V", or the Marty Friedman model the "MF K". Standarize the whole thing, like SL1's aren't signature models, they are just different than SL2H's. Dave Mustaine or Friedman are no longer associated with Jackson, they went the Jap way, in fact, they even use the same body shape (Mustaine does, on both his ESP's or on his newer American Dean's).

Comment

Ain't Rhandy's "original" that polka dotted guitar with a weird headstock (harpoon) and bowties? Was it a Jackson?
                                Yeah, the polka dot was a Sandoval. That did have a vintage trem, but I was talking of the original Jackson "Concorde" that looked like this.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X