Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test your Jackson Knowledge...

Hey Guys I am new here-First post.

I have an old Jackson, have had her 12-13 years. Honestely it has been sitting in my closet at my folks hous most of that time. I really switched tastes on guitars to old fenders a while back and this one just stayed in the case.

So here is my question:

The guitar is stamped 6495-San Dimas....

I just started checking last night and this does not make sense. Jackson shows that the 1989 models (which is where this number falls)were all made in in Ontario?? I am reading this wrong? I bought the guitar off a guy that I think-remember it has been 13 years-worked for Jackson.

So what is the deal? Who do I contact to find out about this guitar? I will post a pic of the custom paint. I am just trying to find out what I really have. I honestly thought it was a custom soloist up until last night when I discovered that the bolt on neck meant it was a Dinky...right? Like I said, I am a noob on Jacksons, bought this years ago on the cheap ($500) and I am just trying to figure out what this guitar is about. I will post a pic later today. Thanks for any help guys.

Made in Ontario, but with a leftover San Dimas plate. It's not uncommon.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

thanks for the heads up. Just to be sure this lil' guy is a dinky also, right? Sorry for the dumb questions, like I said noob to this Jackson stuff.

Comment

They used leftover San Dimas plates after the move to Ontario.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yes,it's a dinky.Soloists are always neck-thru's.
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Dinky or Fusion.
            Depends on the scale length.
            25.5 = Dinky
            24.75 = Fusion
            -Rick

Comment

Welcome!
              also pics!
              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Could also be a Strat. 1989 was still "everything's a Custom Shop" time.

If it's smaller than a Fender Strat, it's a Dinky.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  Dinky or Fusion.
                  Depends on the scale length.
                  25.5 = Dinky
                  24.75 = Fusion
                  ^^^^^^^

What he said. Also, if you aren't sure how to tell...

Measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret, then double that amount. This will give you scale length. You can't always trust measuring from nut to bridge because intonation can be set way off and it'll land somewhere in the middle.
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I thought "Dinky" was the smaller bodies with the more pointy horns? (aka: soloist type)
                    Nextjack. . I posted in here (Jackson USA) a photo of my 86 Jackson Strat #1010, does it look like that? Mine was San Dimas.
                    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

A Jackson strat is a STRAT body, not a Dinky body.
                      A Dinky body is 7/8 the size of a strat body.
                      -Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X