Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J7091 - My personal custom order Jackson Star arrives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    And all Customs I think get upgraded to G&G cases.
    I don't believe this is true, Newc. Unless you specify that as an upgrade with your order, it seems like they only use G&Gs on Jackson custom shop orders with non-standard body shapes that won't fit in their typical SKB cases. He probably got a G&G because it's a non-standard shape, not to mention they already use the G&Gs for the Charvel Stars - see below. (...And both of your own customs were non-standard shapes/sizes, too. ) My recent Kelly custom came in a standard SKB case.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    I don't think SKB makes one either. My Charvel Star also came with a G&G form-fitting case, and it's just a standard run.
    All Charvels have come standard with G&Gs so far - even the USA Standards, inc. Star bodies. I did hear a rumor, though, that they'll eventually be switching over to SKBs because of the frequency of shipping damage in the G&Gs. But, until substantiated, that's just a rumor.

Comment

That's interesting. I can see them changing over to SKBs for the Strats, as the body has a bit of room to move around, but the G&G for the Stars are form-fitting and have no chance of moving.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Maybe just for strats, not sure. I didn't get any details behind it.

Comment

that is awesome....SG star.....no that stays in tune.

Comment

Glad we finally got this into your hands Jani!

For the record, if memory serves correctly we tried to change the logo size a few months after the work order had been issued. For those of you that are considering doing custom orders, if you want your guitar built correctly, don't change anything once the final work order is given to you... Otherwise you're asking for problems!

Admins: Can we get the price removed please? Thanks!
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

That's one sweet combination you put together there.
              I like!
              Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
              Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Matt - You might be confusing this with some other order. We had 80% logo size on both the WO and signed order form. However in August You emailed that Mike Shannon wanted to confirm the logo size. I said 80% but that if it's done already there is no need to correct it as it's not a big deal. My memory is as bad as Yours but I save the docs/emails which helps.

I removed the price now - sorry about that.

I've been playing this thing all weekend to the point that my fingers are really hurting. I just can't get enough of the sound and feel. It's got a lot of definition, loud attack even acoustically, highly resonating body and the sound itself is thick and powerful. I couldn't have asked for a better instrument.
                My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Cool Star, Jani! Almost a Chris Holmes vibe there too!

Originally posted by RR0849 View Post
                  Finally here is a YouTube video of the guitar in action:
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Keep the whole guitar in the shot, thank you come again!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very unique! Cool idea!

Comment

sounds very crisp. I wouldent expext that from such a thick looking ax. Pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by PittJitsu View Post
                        sounds very crisp. I wouldent expext that from such a thick looking ax. Pretty cool.
                        Probably the EQ/Amp/Pickup he is using. Also, maybe the Mids are on the heavy side. Either way, sounds great bro I would love the same thing with just one bridge humbucker, but that is still badass bro Jack.

Comment

i've said it once, i'll say it again, KICKASS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                            Probably the EQ/Amp/Pickup he is using. Also, maybe the Mids are on the heavy side. Either way, sounds great bro I would love the same thing with just one bridge humbucker, but that is still badass bro Jack.
                            Pickup is a Duncan 59. I use an Ibanez STL overdrive (with drive on zero) and Marshall Jubilee stack.
                            The camera mic seems to cut the bass frequencies a lot but the guitar does have a very clear and crisp attack to it. It's lightweight so maybe that helps. From the guitars I have it has the most "punch". I'm still on the honeymoon with it so I have to take some time before I write a more detailed review.
                            Iäll try and record something with proper microphones so You can get a better idea of the sound

I noticed the headstock goes out of the shot often but I was too lazy to re-record. Sorry.
                            My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RR0849 View Post
                              Matt - You might be confusing this with some other order. We had 80% logo size on both the WO and signed order form. However in August You emailed that Mike Shannon wanted to confirm the logo size. I said 80% but that if it's done already there is no need to correct it as it's not a big deal. My memory is as bad as Yours but I save the docs/emails which helps.
                              Ha! Ok, sorry about that Jani.
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                              X