Hetfield playing a King V???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hetfield playing a King V???

Hey a friend just sent me this video, looks like a silver King V with a stop-tail or something, video is said to be in 1986, Quebec.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usTAY28cf_0

Sorry if it's a re-post?

It's white, but yep there are a decent number of pics of him with that guitar. As I recall, he accidentally broke the head off that one...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yes, he used to have one. At one point it had a sticker on it that said Kill Bon Jovi, and duct tape over the logo cuz he felt it was free advertisement for the manufacturer if their logo was visible.

This is also the same band that swore they'd never do a video on MTV, and wouldn't write ballads or other radio-friendly songs.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

We were talking about doing a run of these on Jackson guitar palace in the online shopping section. It goes into all the little details and modifications James made you have to be a member there to see the thread.

Comment

including the duct tape on the logo?

Comment

I saw that tour, opening for Ozzy, ahhhhh..the good old days.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Watching him play makes my hands hurt.

That dude in the audience is waving a banner that says "Metallica" on one side and "Sword" on the other. I remember that band, they were from Montréal and they were good.. but they only made 2 albums and then they quit.
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                Watching him play makes my hands hurt.

That dude in the audience is waving a banner that says "Metallica" on one side and "Sword" on the other. I remember that band, they were from Montréal and they were good.. but they only made 2 albums and then they quit.
                I still have their first album. It's actually very good power metal. I'll have to throw it on the turntable and give it a listen tonight.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Pssst.

Comment

i have a few pics of him playing a few different rhoads as well
                    my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

> I still have their first album. It's actually very goodpower metal.
                      > I'll have to throw it on the turntable and give it a listen tonight.

Hey, that rocks =) The first song on that album (follow the wheel(?) of fire) is the best on that album.

Their second album has a more progressive feel, and a few songs that really really kick ass on that one are "the threat" and "caught in the act". They also made a video of "the trouble is" which is how i got to know the band when i was a kid The album is called "sweet dreams" - kinda cheesy, but the title track is a song about insomnia.

I managed to find both albums in mp3 (they're nearly impossible to find in any kind of media anywhere!!) so PM me if your turntable "turns" defective or something

btw, nice KV! The case looks like the same one i have for my rhoads =)
                      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

^ oh, just remembered: their first album is called "metalized".

I bought both in cassette form when i was 11 or 12, but the 1st one didn't have the lyrics in the sheet, and there's some i can't make out, especially in ftw:

Don't take no prisonners, don't spare no life
                        You know the answer, ??????????
                        Can you believe when you hear them say
                        Betray your god, and how you will pay
                        Free as the wind you are bright as the light
                        Little/let your????????? got you/guide you tonight??
                        Last edited by delt; 02-27-2007, 05:13 PM.

Comment

that white King V is on the cover of Guitar Player April '89, along with Hetfield, Hammett and a black Gibson Flying V.

the "kill bon jovi" appears to be covering most of the Jackson logo, middle potentiometer (2nd volume?) is taken out and the bridge EMG is moved towards the bridge..

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                            ^ oh, just remembered: their first album is called "metalized".

I bought both in cassette form when i was 11 or 12, but the 1st one didn't have the lyrics in the sheet, and there's some i can't make out, especially in ftw:

Don't take no prisonners, don't spare no life
                            You know the answer, ??????????
                            Can you believe when you hear them say
                            Betray your god, and how you will pay
                            Free as the wind you are bright as the light
                            Little/let your????????? got you/guide you tonight??
                            Yes, Metalized is it. I don't have the second one, but I remember the video for Sweet Dreams. I also remember the video for Follow the Wheels. That's actually the first time I heard them. I saw the vid on Much Music, so I went out and bought the album. I'll have to check if the lyrics are in there.

Comment

Working...
                            X