Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Jackson USA Fusion ...help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Jackson USA Fusion ...help.

Hello. I'm actively looking for a Jackson USA Fusion guitar. I've checked e-bay and the selection is few and far between. Of the 2 available on e-Bay currently, one has had severe body modifications (drilling and instillation of 2 mini-toggle switches on the face of the guitar) and the other is absurdly over-priced.

If anyone knows where there are othe USA Fusions for sale I would appreciate the info. I've done some extensive searching on the web and am coming up empty handed. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to supply me with.

- John

Craigslist?

Comment

Thanks but there are no USA Fusions on CraigsList currently. :o(

- John

Comment

Looks like we're both looking for the same thing.

This could get ugly!!!

Just kidding!
        I'm way too cheap to pay anywhere near those prices, and in reality I'm only looking for a nice USA short scale neck. The body and electronics would just be a bonus, but not really necessary.
        I may just have to settle for a Professional series neck, which is probably just as good, but doesn't have the "prestige" that comes with it.

If you were going to meet the crazy dude on ebay 3/4 of the way, that means you're pretty serious.

Good luck.....it looks like slim pickins lately.

Comment

I proposed a price to him of what I thought was a generous offer - the "high" price of $1,200.00 + $50.00 (shipping) ...and he had the audacity to get infuriated with "me". This begs the question as to what this guy really thinks he's going to get from that guitar. I believe he is in for a sad suprise when his guitar doesn't even meet the minimum bid of $1,400.00.

- John

Comment

I think that if I can get a brand new SL1 or SL2H for about $1300, which is a good deal, there isn't a reason for me to be looking at a 16 - 18 year old guitar for equal or higher price. Unless of course it's rare, very collectable or for sentimental reasons.
            The USA Fusion in my opinion is none of the above. Just a really nice looking well made guitar, no better or worse than what's currently available from Jackson, except of course it's short scale, which may in fact be very important to some.

I seriously doubt someone will pay $1400 for that guitar.
            Your $1200 offer + shipping in my opinion was far more than generous.
            He should have jumped on it, not get bitchy with you!!
            Some people figure they're sitting on a gold mine when they have a Jackson, especially a USA model.

Comment

but damn I really love that coral sea finish on that fusion ya'll are talking about! I think that is just awe freakn some but I agree that's awfully damn high for a used bolt on.........
              “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Regarding that guitar on ebay, I had one just like it years ago. For me, it was THE BEST feeling neck and I loved the paint on it. Unfortunately, the stock pickups really sucked and I ended up trading the guitar before swapping them. I tried to trade it to Ed Roman many moons ago. He said "There's no way that paint job was done in America." oh well

Comment

I have owned 2 Mint USA Fusions at one time, one in Electric Blue and the other, my favorite graphic, Coral Sea I only sold them because the necks were paper thin Too bad, they were awsome guitars The prices are starting to get out of control for them it seams though. I paid way less for mine. Jack.

Comment

How "paper thin" were the necks? Thinner than an Ibanez Wizard 1 ? Cause those are really thin necks. Just trying to get an idea of what I may be getting myself into.
                    I like the neck on my 650XL just fine, not too thin and certainly not too thick.

Comment

Just buy a 90s professional fusion.much cheaper and just as good.The 90s import neck feel just like the USAs
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The necks were not as thin as Wizard necks, but they were thin enough. If you've got huge hands it'll be small for you.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My personal opinion - I feel that the "Proffesional" Fusion guitars are lesser in quality and workmanship than the U.S.A. Fusion guitars. For me, there is no comparison of the two except for the term "Fusion" as their model description. I would never settle for a "Proffesional" Fusion.

I believe if anyone here were to play these guitars in a 1:1 comparison test that they would agree that the U.S.A. is a superior feeling and better constructed guitar ...which is to be expected over an import.

If anyone here on the board has a U.S.A. Fusion that they would be willing to sell, please let me know at [email protected] .

- John
                          Last edited by John; 02-28-2007, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            My personal opinion - I feel that the "Proffesional" Fusion guitars are lesser in quality and workmanship than the U.S.A. Fusion guitars.

I believe if anyone here were to play these guitars in a 1:1 comparison test that they would agree that the U.S.A. is a superior feeling and better constructed guitar ...which is to be expected over an import.

If anyone here on the board has a U.S.A. Fusion that they would be willing to sell, please let me know at [email protected] .

- John
                            Are you high? The Fusion Pro is outstanding! Ebony board, real MOP inlays/logo, Schaller/JT590, pups, electronics just like the US models! In MY opinion, there isn't a better value out there in guitarland than these guitars. BTW it's against the rules for "junior" members to solicit to buy or sell, so you may want to edit your post........

Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              My personal opinion - I feel that the "Proffesional" Fusion guitars are lesser in quality and workmanship than the U.S.A. Fusion guitars. For me, there is no comparison of the two except for the term "Fusion" as their model description. I would never settle for a "Proffesional" Fusion.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I can confirm that quite a few people here have been able to make direct comparisons between import & US Fusions, and by and large the import Fusions are considered very good guitars.

I don't have a Fusion PRO to compare to my US Fusion, but my Japanese Fusion Plus compares very favourably. It obviously doesn't have the binding, sharkfins or ebony fretboard of the PRO or US versions, but I can't fault the construction or quality.

I'd love another US Fusion, but I have no qualms about "settling" for any Professional models I might find in the meantime.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X