KV vs. rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV vs. rhoads

Looking at these 2 models: RR1 and KV...Wondering which players prefer out there?

Thanks,

Steve

I guess it depends on your preference. Do you like the Rhoads V or the King V? After you answer that, it's all downhill from there...

(I like 'em both)

(I did mispell it. That's what you get for having a buddy with the last name Rhodes...)
    Last edited by Bengal; 02-28-2007, 09:04 PM.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

RR for me (if it has 24 frets)... the lower tip on a KV gets in the way when playing sitting down. + the RR shape looks way more badass
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

To me, the RR has always looked "in-complete", meaning the little wing on the bottom right. Just something about that bugged me.

When I laid eyes on the "DOUBLE RHOADS", THAT is how a "V" SHOULD look.(Ala, Robbin Crosby)

Just My Opinion.

Comment

He said "Rhodes". ha
          |My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

RR here.

Comment

Yep ... RR all the way for me

Comment

The two biggest differences with these are the no. of frets (22 for RR1 and 24 for the KV2), and the fret size. The RR has jumbos, the KV1 doesn't. I suggest playing each one if possible. Also the RR does come in a string-thru version; you'd have to get a KV2T if you want a KV with string-thru.

I have one of each and love them both. When I ordered a new guitar from Matt in Jan. I grabbed another KV2 though. I just like the regular V a little more than the Rhoads, but you can't go wrong with either one.

Comment

I like V's
                  www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                  the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Depends on the day for me....I have both
                    If I had to choose one though it would be the rhoads
                    I like jumbo frets better, although my rhoads models (pcs)
                    have med jumbo type frets. and I think the rhoads look just freakin awesome, and the story they tell is real cool...yeah mine talk
                    So yeah my vote would be a RR but its hard to choose between these guys

Last edited by quakana; 02-28-2007, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Get both...

Comment

Basically the RR wins for me. I like KVs, but not quite as much as an RR. However, I really dislike the scratchplate on a Rhoads - rearloaded is the way to go for me!!
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I hv both and I like King V better

Comment

I like the KV better for sitting. Standing, I think I like the KV slightly better than the Rhoads, but only by a little bit.

Personally, the Rhoads does not play well sitting unless you have your left leg sufficiently raised.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
                              Get both...
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X