• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RR for all my fucking life
    SEPTYCAL GORGE MySpace page
    SEPTYCAL GORGE official website

Comment

yeah you'll have to get both. I just got a KV2 and now i really want a RR.

DAMN G.A.S.!!!
      ----------
      Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

+1 for the RR model.

Comment

I've wanted to try a V for a long time and have played both of these lately. I got a RR1 in a trade a couple months ago. Sold it after a few weeks, it just didn't work for me. So I thought maybe Vs weren't for me. But I still wanted to try a KV2. I finally found one in a store (GC in Atlanta) and have played it twice for a good hour each time. I still feel more at home on a Strat-shape but did prefer the KV to the RR. The even wings are better for 4 reasons:
          1. Better balance when standing (slightly)
          2. The upper wing is shorter so less chance of chipping
          3. Works better for sitting. With the longer lower wing, you can wrap your lower leg over it which works better IMO when sitting.
          4. You can set the damn thing down on the (hopefully carpeted) floor -lol.

Plus, 24 frets and speed neck. The one thing I HATE is the damn tall, skinny frets (6105s). They're ok after playing it a while but then I pick up any other Jackson and it drives the point home - put real jumbos on damnit! I dislike the 6105s enough that have kept me from buying a Jem, JS, SRV, and countless other guitars. Including a KV2 now.
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Rhoads Rhoads Rhoads!! Do you really need something else ???
            Light Lies Trailer
            www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
            www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

I like King V. RR looks good too but I like the balance between neck and body in King V. Rhoads body is a tad too light and therefore it feels like the headstock and neck are going downwards (anti-Les Paul effect). This is just my opinion and I admit I'm so used to Les Pauls where the body weights more and it causes the neck "tilt up". Suits my style better...

Plus... Every second wannabe-Laiho has Rhoads style axe these day so KV has slightly more unique looks.
              .: machine head vio-lence :.

Comment

Originally posted by demmel80 View Post
                Plus... Every second wannabe-Laiho has Rhoads style axe these day so KV has slightly more unique looks.
                Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by demmel80 View Post
                  I don't believe that kids buy a RR shaped guitar to be a laiho-man... at leat I hope so:ROTF: !! I bought a Rhoads because of Randy, Dan Spitz, Kirk Hammet, Chris Holmes... maybe I am growing old ???
                  Light Lies Trailer
                  www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
                  www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

I like KV for sure

Comment

King V all the way, baby sitting, stading, squatting, jumping, hanging upside down, dueling with villains on top of speeding trains... you name it. Comfortable everywhere to play!
                      - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                        I don't believe that kids buy a RR shaped guitar to be a laiho-man... at leat I hope so:ROTF: !!
                        Oh yes they do! At least in Finland. Luckily they usually buy these cheap RR-replicas that ESP manufactures.

I don't really like those MMV-models myself. Only true RR-guitar is a Jackson guitar .

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                          I don't believe that kids buy a RR shaped guitar to be a laiho-man... at leat I hope so:ROTF: !!
                          Believe it or not... at least in Finland some polka-hair pencilnecks have boner in the name of A. Laiho when they see some Rhoads-style guitar hanging on the wall @ music stores or seeing someone using one on stage. Those kids have no clue who Randy was, which is TERRIBLY SAD!

I bought a Rhoads because of Randy, Dan Spitz, Kirk Hammet, Chris Holmes... maybe I am growing old ???
                          I agree with you. For me RR-model gives this mental image of Randy himself, Dan Spitz too, also Sepultura guys, Kai Hansen, Roope Latvala and so on.

I still have to say that KV is my thing and my weapon of choice. It's less wannabe-Laiho these days, hahaha!

I don't really like those MMV-models myself. Only true RR-guitar is a Jackson guitar .
                          Correcto Mundo... or something like that! Absolutely true! Big F-word to copycats and plagiators.
                          I was just watching some old Ibanez catalogs and they used to have this X-series in 80s with model RR250 or so. It was a complete Jackson Rhoads rip-off. F**kers!
                          Here's the link to the catalog-page: http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1986/p14.jpg

Then I recall seeing Fernandes "Rhoads", Charvel Avengers of course (but those are legal, yeah!), Falcon, ESP and LTD (of corpse)...
                          Last edited by demmel80; 06-06-2007, 06:56 AM.
                          .: machine head vio-lence :.

Comment

This is how it works.

The KV is a fin like a Tuna.

The RR is a fin like a Shark.

Sharks eat Tuna.

The RR eats the KV.

I have two RRs, but I wouldn't mind trying a KV.

Comment

simple...

KELLY FTW!!!!!!

:P

i like the KV better than the RR..
                              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Oh, geez- now the floodgates are open....LOL
                                I still say you should have a minimum of two of each....no matter what they are!!

Comment

Working...
                                X