No announcement yet.

KV vs. rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play KV's, but rear-loaded RR's look great too, and I'd be happy playing either.

24 frets is a bonus on the KV's though. And RR's seem to be a lot more common too... nice to feel different, y'know...

Steve.

Comment

I haven't played an RR yet... but to me it seems that as far as look goes, it's a matter of personal taste; me for example, I think it looks incomplete and the front-loaded pickguard don't look too good. The only BONUS is a 3 way toggle rather than blade (KV-2) and jumbo frets. Neck profile is a bit thicker than KV's too.

The King V on the other hand looks complete, symmetrical, it's rear loaded and it has 24 frets (small though). It also has a speed profile.

Comment

I like them both a lot, but I don't like the pick guard on the RR so much, and I prefer the symmetry of a KV.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

RR,... I own an awesome KV2 but I'm jonesin' bad for a "Rhoads"!
          Hear the universe scream
          Bleeding from black holes
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

RR
            Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
            Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
            Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

RR with a scratchplate doesn't look too bad with the V hardtail, except i don't like hardtails or scratchplates And i prefer slim necks, so my fav. guitar is my project 24-fret rhoads that i built a few years ago.. Nothing like it!!

http://www.deimos.ca/rhoads/
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                King V.

-You can put the lower wing between your leggs and hold the guitar vertically while playing a solo.
                Never realized that until I saw Megadeth live a few months back. I prefer the RR however. I own both but the RR feels more comfortable to me in a live situation.

Comment

Rr !
                  I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

They're both extremely cool, but I guess I like the RR better. I'd get one of those 1H 24 fret RRs that are out now.

Comment

I much prefer the RR.

As far as guitar bodies go, I think in general that body styles that are perfectly symmetrical are simply less interesting to look at.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I think the KV is ugly.... but while I foresee a lot more RRs in my future, I doubt I would ever buy a KV.

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
                        Get both...

or the KV

Comment

I like both ! But I would have to say, it would be the RR for me!!
                          Last edited by RR24MAD; 03-05-2007, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I've always wondered if there is a difference in neckweight between KV and RR. Since KV has more mass in the body because of the bigger wings, does it lift the neck higher that RR when not supported by hand? I haven't played an USA KV or RR so far so I haven't had a change to try it out myself.

Comment

In terms of looks, I'd choose the RR.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've never tried either but looks wise it's the V that floats my boat.
                                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X