• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RR.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCw4Es1ARzY
    http://www.soundclick.com/milkmen

Comment

KV because of speedneck and the guitar is more balanced comparing to RR.

Comment

The KV is probably the most comfortable guitar I have ever played.

Comment

King Vs all the way. The speed necks are the most comfortable necks ever. Not to thin not too thick, just right.

Comment

They're different enough in feel (neck, frets and body) that you should try both before deciding. I like 'em both, so I'd agree with the majority - you need at least one of each
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by OzoMan View Post
              Since KV has more mass in the body because of the bigger wings, does it lift the neck higher that RR when not supported by hand?
              Well, technically, the long wing of a Rhoads is bigger/longer than the wings of a King V. The original King V back in the '80s had two long Rhoads wings and was known as a Double Rhoads... then it got downsized to the smaller body we know today.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I also choose the RR, when i first got into guitars i saw a vid of someone playing one, and i started looking up more info on the Jackson RR. I love it ! And recently, i even own one
                '87 Jackson RR Custom Shop

Comment

Well, I had an RR1T which was unfortunately stolen from my home in a break and enter, and I used the insurance money to replace it with a custom shop KV. While I like the KV, I must confess that I miss the RR and do intend to replace it at some point. Specifically, I think I prefer the frets and neck of the RR and also the overall way the smaller body hangs. However, I haven't played the KV much yet, and it is growing on me. Maybe once I have both in my possession at the same time, I'll have a more solidifed opinion.

Comment

For me, also the KV is the most balanced guitar. The RR that I had did nose dive a bit. With the the KV everything is where I want them to be.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post

KV1

-Looks more complete
                      -Better balance
                      -You can put the lower wing between your leggs and hold the guitar vertically while playing a solo.
                      RR1 for me

-Looks Cool
                      -Balances well
                      -Plays really well sitting down.
                      -Jumbo frets
                      -I like the neck profile better
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I've had both, but I sold my Rhoads Custom. It had an awesome neck, and balanced well, but it came down to the look. My KV1 plays just as well, and balances just as well, if not better. The kicker is, it looks bigger, and has no pickguard, both of which are advantages in my opinion. The RR looked kinda small on me. When the guitars are equal in all other aspects, it comes down to looks for me. What I really want now, is a mahogany KV.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Well, technically, the long wing of a Rhoads is bigger/longer than the wings of a King V. The original King V back in the '80s had two long Rhoads wings and was known as a Double Rhoads... then it got downsized to the smaller body we know today.
                          Oh, your right. I forgot that. Then I suppose there isn't much difference in the way the neck points out...

But for the topic, I really don't know which one I like more, KV or Rhoads. But if I had to choose now I'd go with KV.

On the other hand, all-black RR without the annoying pickguard is really a piece of art. Hard decision .

Comment

To me, it's a toss up.

KV:

+ 24 frets
                            + Rear-loaded
                            + Symmetrical wings make it a little easier to play sitting down
                            - Medium frets

Rhoads:

+ 22 frets means the neck PU is in a better "sweet spot" for tone
                            + Real jumbo frets
                            + More old school coolness, IMHO
                            - Top-loaded scratchplate

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                            What I really want now, is a mahogany KV.
                            I'd really like that in a roundhorn V. A KV2-MAH might be cool, too, though. (...And, no, I don't mean a KV2T. :P )

Comment

Got both- love 'em both. Mine are both bolt ons currently, which I plan to change in the near future....
                              One is a Jenna King V, and the other is a USA bolt on Rhoads. I'm thinking the Seymour Designed pickups in the Jenna are a bit wimpy, and someone put a DiMarzio of some kind in the Rhoads before I got it. (it was also refinished in some sort of semi-walnut stain....and not a good job) Compared to my '97 USA Dinkys the DiMarzio is noisier and feedback prone- and not the good kind of feedback....
                              I also play some Les Paul Customs so I use several different feeling necks and I like the differences- it makes me pay attention better to my playing, I think, plus sometimes one just feels better to my hand at that particular moment. So YES! You need one of each for health reasons....Good luck getting a prescription....

Comment

i wanna try a King V.. shucks man.. Jackson guitars are so rare in my area..
                                "Live to Rock & Rock to Live."

Comment

Working...
                                X