Question about the Maiden strats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Maiden strats...

The Jackson strat heads Iron Maiden uses are not regular strat bodies are they? They are squared around the horns are these actually Dinkys? I am talking about the pickguard equipped ones.

I cant find a link to the Japanese mag that had shots of these guitars but lets see what I find...

I'm pretty sure they're 'just' front loaded strat bodies made to the charvel template, i.e. slightly more squared off at the edges:

Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Mmmmm, Maiden Strathead Jacksons. Anyone in for a limited run?

Problem is I can't decide which of those four to choose! And then there's Adrian's black Charvel Strathead Strat (one hum) as well!

You had this one labelled as "adrian5.jpg"... I swear Dave had, along with the red one, an all-white Strathead with white pickguard. The only white Jacksons that I knew Adrian had were the one with the black pickguard (HSH config) and the one with the millions of knobs (also HSH with synth). Like in the following pic:

Comment

Love those axes!

Screw the Fender Maiden axe, I'll take one of those

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          Mmmmm, Maiden Strathead Jacksons. Anyone in for a limited run?
          They won't do it. I've tried

That is Adrian, but yes Dave did have a white Jackson strat with a white guard (small logo). It wasn't until I got the Bruce Dickinson DVD that I saw Adrian with that guitar either....
          Last edited by neilli; 03-03-2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Cool, any more pics of Adrian's white/white guitar? Which Bruce Dickinson DVD? The latest one?

"THEY" refers to whom? Jackson, or the JCF Dealers? And what reason(s) did they give?

Did you know that I spoke entirely in QUESTION form in this whole reply? Doesn't it feel like an interrogation?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              Love those axes!

Screw the Fender Maiden axe, I'll take one of those
              Absolutely!!!

Comment

Incidentally, does anyone know what amps/fx/settingns they used on "Somewhere in time"?? I've been trying to match that sound but i can't get it exactly right!!!!
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Cool, any more pics of Adrian's white/white guitar? Which Bruce Dickinson DVD? The latest one?

"THEY" refers to whom? Jackson, or the JCF Dealers? And what reason(s) did they give?

Did you know that I spoke entirely in QUESTION form in this whole reply? Doesn't it feel like an interrogation?
                  Yes. Latest one. Yes.

Jackson. Jackson. No comment - PM me!

Yes. Yes.

Comment

I love those things...I need one!

Comment

Jackson apparantley has Tim Wilson randomly point to some guitar specs and if they are on your custom order Jackson will not build the guitar and they use "Artist Similar" as an excuse.

The specs chosen are white stratheadstock with full size Jackson logo they will not build no matter what the other specs of the guitar.

True story I am not BSing.

That is why you cant order a Maiden strat.

Comment

I would be in on any one of those. take my $ please

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                          Incidentally, does anyone know what amps/fx/settingns they used on "Somewhere in time"?? I've been trying to match that sound but i can't get it exactly right!!!!

There's a lot of doubled synth-guitars and tons of chorus on the regular guitars on that album. Add some chorus and a tiny bit of delay and you'll be on your way.

Btw, I love this one:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                            If I remember right they used Gallien Krueger 2100 SEL solid state amps with gain control pot inside the unit cranked.

Comment

Not a fan of HSH layouts, but I've always loved these Maiden strats.

And then there's Adrian's black Charvel Strathead Strat (one hum) as well!
                              This is it, no?...

I like this song and i hope the rest of you like it too.I DO NOT CLAIM COPYRIGHT NOR DO I OWN "Wasted Years" from "Iron Maiden"This product is legal under th...

Comment

Working...
                              X