EMGs on Dinkys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMGs on Dinkys

Most of the USA line seems to use Seymour Duncan pickups. Is there a particular reason why EMGs are used on Dinkys? It doesn't bother me or anything, and this isn't meant to be a Seymour Duncan vs EMG thread. I was just wondering if there was some interesting nugget of history that would explain this. Or maybe even that a particular type of player with particular needs tends to buy the Dinky while a different type of player with different needs tends to buy the rest of the USA line.

Or maybe it's just random.

What do you think?

The JB/Jazz is the most popular pickup set ever. EMGs have a must smaller fan base.

Comment

I dig bolt-ons. I dig EMGs. I love DK-1. I dont like Floyd. Too much wood cut for it, it affects the sound. I'd love it with fixed or kahler. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Pretty simple, IMHO: it's done to further distinguish the DK1 model from the SL2H. That's all.

I loved my old DK1. But I really didn't like the EMGs.

Comment

I wish they sold guitars with "empty pickup routes" as an option for $200 less, so i could buy one and put whatever pickups i like on it.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
            I wish they sold guitars with "empty pickup routes" as an option for $200 less, so i could buy one and put whatever pickups i like on it.
            That would be great.I love everything about Dinky's except for the EMG's.

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post

Hey, delt, you can still buy one and put whatever pickups you like on it! Doesn't matter what they come with. In fact, EMG's tend to sell better on eBay than Duncans. You could buy it with the stock EMG's, sell them on eBay, and still have about $20 left over after buying a set of Duncans.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

but then you'd have to learn how to soder. but then again who'd buy a guitar w/o pickups who could soder new ones in them selves.

Its a cool idea for all the companies, and they may not sell as much as completed models but I bet they would sell more if they were cheaper and just have people go to their local guitar shops and customized.
                www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Not only that, you'd have to learn how to spell "solder" too.
                  |My CSG gallery|
                  (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Random choice, I suppose. No other particular reason comes to mind. I also like the sound of the EMG81 set in the DK1. It's a bright sound, but it cuts thru the mix like a katana. No worries about lack of output either.

Comment

I personally love Dinkys and their EMGs as well!
                      SEPTYCAL GORGE MySpace page
                      SEPTYCAL GORGE official website

Comment

i dont like the emgs either. ive asked dealers about getting me one from the factory with duncans and they said it would have to be maked as a custom. thats what wild west guitars said. oh well, i just buy them and trade them the emgs for duncans at the local shop anyway.
                        dk-1 pile of skulls
                        dk-2m white
                        dkmg- black forest
                        rr-1 black w/gold pins
                        charvel custom white w/bloodsplatter strat
                        p.o.s. randall halfstack
                        peavey 5150

Comment

Working...
                        X