Gold Rhoads gets new bridge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Rhoads gets new bridge...

...from the best in the biz. Big thanks to Dave for doing this for me.

Here is a shot with the original wimpy bridge.

Here's a couple shots of the new and improved PCS style bridge.

Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Nice...
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

those pcs bridges are the best. i wonder why they stopped using them.

nice switch, sir!
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
        Nice...
        Thanks!

Originally posted by sully View Post
        those pcs bridges are the best. i wonder why they stopped using them.

nice switch, sir!
        Thanks, Jon! I agree. These bridges should be standard on all Jackson string thru's.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

What is better about em?

-Nate
          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
            What is better about em?

-Nate
            Nate, first of all, looks. I know that is just my opinion, but the PCS bridge, to me, looks infinitely better than the stock piece. PCS bridges were made of brass, not the pot metal crap (at least that is what it appears to be) of the stock piece.Also the mass of the bridge, and the way the saddles are curved where the strings go over.
            Scott

Comment

I'm not really into hardtail electrics, but the new bridge just seems better made and overall better quality than the tune-o-matic style one.
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                What is better about em?
                I prefer the look, but more importantly, they sound a helluva lot better. I fitted one of Dave's on one of my XTRRs and the sound improved 10 fold....
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

looks like a great upgrade...

Comment

It looks like itd sound 10 times better too! Awesome guitar by the way.

Comment

Awesome, Scott! No slots cut out of the saddles, though?
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Joe, there are slots in the saddles. The are probably hard to see because there are strings on there.
                        Scott

Comment

Ah, I gotcha. I see it now, mostly on the G string. The others looked like they were just sitting on top.

So can I have that guitar yet?? :ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks so much for the kind words, Scott, they are much appreciated, my friend. Goldie looks beautiful with or without that bridge-

Thanks to you as well Ian -

Just to clear a couple of things up:
                            • The black bridges are anodized aluminum as the originals were but the "gold" bridges are indeed brass.
                            • The original black bridges came with stainless hardware and the brass came black but Scott opted for the black on black in this case and it was a wonderful choice.
                            • String slots are in most cases not started on bridges because that process should be done by the person setting up your guitar. It's not a good idea for the bridge manufacturer to "guess" where your strings should be setup. In Scotts case, he sent me the bridge so I could at least see where his original intonation was and the string spacing.
                            • I'm not making these anymore but some customers had their orders in before I stopped, so you may see these pop up in the future so please don't read me the riot act in emails ok? Not really very nice if you ask me.. It's possible in the future but not at the moment.
                            Thanks again!
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              So can I have that guitar yet?? :ROTF:
                              No.

Dave, thanks for clearing that stuff up. "Riot act" in emails? People gave you heat for not making certain parts? Pretty lame.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X