No announcement yet.

My Jackson Student Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet,I like the EMGs and the chrome pickup rings !!!

Comment

The frets came stock the same width on Customs and Student Soloists.

It wasn't a big brother little brother thing. It was the same deal as Les Paul "Custom" versus "Standard". Grover has admitted it was a poor choice of words using "Student".

Yes, the pickup is spaced correctly. On 22 fretters they position the front row of magnets under the harmonic node (invisible 24th fret).

Comment

Great guitar!!!! I haven't seen a soloist l8ike this before...

Nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine View Post
          The frets came stock the same width on Customs and Student Soloists.

It wasn't a big brother little brother thing. It was the same deal as Les Paul "Custom" versus "Standard". Grover has admitted it was a poor choice of words using "Student".

Yes, the pickup is spaced correctly. On 22 fretters they position the front row of magnets under the harmonic node (invisible 24th fret).
          Jim,
          Thanks for the info. I was wondering about that but like I said, I'm not the smartest on Students. It's a nice one though, I like this Jackson alot...

I agree with Grover that "Student" was a bad choice. It does imply a lesser Soloist...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Students typically had 24 frets and very few Soloists have been made with 22 since the earliest days. Nothing really special about that, a limited run with U0 serial. Cool axe, and I doubt the neck pickup spacing was accidental, they knew they were building that limited run, so it wasn't "supposed to be a 24 fret" neck...
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
              Students typically had 24 frets and very few Soloists have been made with 22 since the earliest days. Nothing really special about that, a limited run with U0 serial. Cool axe, and I doubt the neck pickup spacing was accidental, they knew they were building that limited run, so it wasn't "supposed to be a 24 fret" neck...
              I've never seen a 22 fret Soloist besides this one. I wonder how "rare" they are. Not that it matters, this one goes no where...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

The very first ones were, and I think they may have been set necks. Who can confirm?
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                X