Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guitar day!!! Custom Shop-SL2H-RGF...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely great..one of the sweetest Soloist I've ever seen.

Comment

Killer!!!

Congrats!

Comment

HRF on the neck and headstock is uber-cool!!!
        Because I don't say it
        Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Awesome score... love the combination of that red with chrome!!! KICKZ major AZZ!!!!
          Stay fuckin metal.... for life!!! ALEX

www.myspace.com/alekshitz

Comment

Wow that's gorgeous, congrats!

Comment

I love it!

Comment

Very cool-looking axe. The chrome knobs and pickup surrounds are neat. I thought it was also wild to see the ghost flames on the back of the neck.
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Cool looking guitar.

Is it a stock(spec wise) SL2H just with a flame headstock and the neck painted?
                  Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Good question. The specs I got said original neck heel, poplar body and special neck angle. That sounds like a shannon spec. It doesn't have the old style neck and the neck joint is scalloped. Plus the trem is recessed. So I don't really know. It feels a little heavier than the other USA select Sl2's I've had.

Whatever it is, it plays nice.
                    sigpic

Comment

Anyway, more pics....

sigpic

Comment

A quick review..

Let me start by saying this one of the best playing guitars I've ever played. The neck feels great. I prefer unpainted necks, but this one is just so nice and I haven't had any issues with it feeling "sticky" yet.

When I recieved it the neck was completely flat (no relief). Even then there was not much fret buzz. So after waiting a day and a half for it to settle, I adjusted the truss rod. I loosened it an 1/8 of a turn or less. Now I have about .3mm of relief (I didn't measure it). It's totally buzz free. The problems I've had in the past with open strings buzzing on the first fret and buzzing on E and A on the first few fret does not exist with this guitar.

The nut is centered and is seated firmly. That has been another problem I've seen on a few Jacksons.

This guitar is heavier than the USA Select SL2H's I've had before. I think it makes this guitar better balanced.

The bridge saddle on the B strings wants to rattle. It ocassionally did it when just playing normally. After some use it stopped, but still rattles a little when you dive the trem and strike the B string. I'll look into this when I change the string and tweak the intonation. The trem works well and stays in tune. The trem bar has a tiny bit of slack in it, even when tighten to the point of were the bar does not swing freely. This is fairly common and I'm being picky. Only a couple of guitars that I've played with OFR's have been super snug. Once your playing it's really undetectable.

The electronics work flawlessly and are free of noise. The string alignment is perfect. The pup pole pieces all line up with the strings and the strings are centered on the neck. The routes are correct and the hardware is nicely centered in the routes.

The inlays are straight too. The binding work is stellar and the ebony fretboard is a nice piece of wood. At some point this guitar had a nick in the bass side of the binding at the bottom of the first fret. Someone buffed this nick out. I can see a little tiny wave in the reflection of the binding. I can also see that the fret end was "polished" a little differantly as a result of the "repair". This is hardly noticeable, but I noticed it. I'm not sure if it left the factory like this or was something that happened aftwards. It kinda looks like factory to me.

The flames are awesome on this guitar. Some of the other ghost flame guitars looked stenciled to me. I could see the layers of paint below the clear. I can only see the layers of depth on this one.

That's it for now.
                        Last edited by S-man; 03-19-2007, 09:29 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Great guitar !!!!!

Comment

Very nice guitar! I like the flames on the back of the neck a lot . And you're right about the weight...I have two alder RRs (SL2H is alder too) and one poplar RR. Alder ones feel light as a feather compared to the poplar RR. It sucks IMO as I prefer lighter guitars. It's a great tonewood though.

Out of the curiosity..what's the string height at 12th fret?

Comment

Thanks!

1.5 mm
                              sigpic

Comment

Fullers is supposed to e-mail the correct specs.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X