PCS and Custom Shop Rhoads differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCS and Custom Shop Rhoads differences

I've just got a hold of (bought) what appears to be a decent custom shop Rhoads. I'm wondering what, if any differences might be between a PCS Rhoads, and a custom shop hardtail version, such as the 1998 Rhoads (black with brass hardware) in the gallery here at the JCF.(sn RR2812)

That by the way is not the guitar I just bought, but it looks exactly the same.

I know the serial numbers stamped into the end of the fretboard are
    obviously different, but is the rest of the guitar basically the same?

PCS have the hand signed logos, the small sharkfins and a early type bridge, and may have other construction methods not used that I'm not aware of... possibly no scarf joint. I'm pretty sure the LTDs have no scarf joints and 3 piece necks.

Custom shop Rhoads can vary significantly from order to order, that's what makes them custom... PCS and LTD styles to anything else you can think of, though the LTD's won't be reproduced by them.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

So basically you could have a PCS and a look alike Custom shop standing side by side, and the only difference between the two would be the serial number?

Comment

Umm... only if that particular custom was made similar to PCS specs...

A custom means it is made to whatever special specs, and can look like anything the person who orders it wants it to look like.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
        X