Burnt Cherry SL1 USA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnt Cherry SL1 USA!

Stopping here for two seconds to say that I've lurked & enjoyed this forum quite alot.

Today I have a story:

Went to Guitar Center in Manhattan today to look for one of those Korean Mockingbirds, just for fun- I was wandering through, unbothered by sales people, just kind of looking at the wall, and what do I see?

A green-tagged SL1 in burnt cherry. Price? $1350. So I am thinking, SL3 for sure, can't see it, up too high. Ask the salesguy to pull it down. Nope, USA. Mint.

So I say, what's the story? Twisted neck? Damage? Nope. They're "blowing it out" in their March "green tag" sale. I'm thinking, yeah right, an SL1?

So I say, "I'll take it". Guy goes up, starts to ring it up, goes, "Uh oh, I can't ring it for some reason. It looks like this is slightly under our cost." I'm thinking, Of course. Of course it is, it's an error, what a bummer. The manager comes over, hits a few keys, walks away, & the next thing I know I'm heading out the door.

They say there is ANOTHER SL1, also Burnt Cherry, there, but they couldn't find it in their little warehouse they have in the back & I said, don't worry, I'm happy with this one- So if someone's around 14th between 5th & 6th in NYC, GO. They said that one's going for the same price.

What a nice day to take a trip to the city!!!

Vass

pics?
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Comment

hehe ok if i can figure it out, wearing it right now and about to give her a burn

vass

Comment

Sorry, had to put it down- wasn't easy. Here she is. Sorry the pics didn't come out tremendously, but you get the idea

Vass

Comment

hmm gc boston has had a metallic black SL2H for months now maybe it will be on sale too

Comment

Great score!

See my thread HERE for my deal about three weeks ago. I picked up a brand new SL1 in Black Ghost Flames for $1219.00!
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

looks like amber sunburst. still a nice geetarr tho!
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Power- I saw that thread a week or so ago and was like, "Yeah right, 1 in a million!"

Now that I stop to think about it, I'm sure it happens often enough- Just got to be there, at the right time, with the cash in hand. What was really interesting is that I saw alot of stuff that seemed like a decent deal while I was there- mostly used stuff. Being in Manhattan I guess they do alot of trade-in business. I should really troll through the place more than I do.

Wilk- Amber sunburst vs. Burnt cherry- Man, looking at google images they seem like they're almost identical- little more reddish on the burnt- They seem very close. I was going off the description on the musiciansfriend.com website, which probably wasn't the best idea in terms of accuracy.

Now I need to find out for sure

Vass

Comment

Ya that's Amber Sunburst. Nice score.

Comment

I vote for amber lager burst

Comment

Hey...isn't that amber sunburst?

Nice lookin guitar. Great score. Congratz!
                      sigpic

Comment

Sweet!
                        My Main Rig:
                        '87 Charvel Model 4A
                        Peavey KB100 amp
                        Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                        '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                        '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                        '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                        '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                        '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Nice score man, glad your a player!
                          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Very nice - that's exactly the type of flame that I love!
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X