No announcement yet.

Burnt Cherry SL1 USA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a great score. I would kill for the GC around just to have a USA in stock, much less one for that price. Enjoy.

Comment

Thanks for all your kind & helpful replies guys I've been burning my fingers for the last 3 nights playing with this thing.

I'm tempted to roll in there more regularly- There was enough "uncommon" stuff on the walls that it might make it worth my while. If I see any more SL1's or sweet looking Jackson deals there I will without question post them here- I imagine you can have em shipped out to you if that's what you wanted.

Like I said- They apparently had another SL1 "in the back" that they couldn't find when I was there- Price was the same, same color, if anyone wants to give them a shout.

Also as I mentioned, there were ALOT of "trade in" guitars on the wall as well.

Being on 14th street in NYC it's obviously a high-traffic store, so half the time I don't think any of them really know what they have. Also most of the salespeople I saw were 30+, which is I guess a little different from most GC's.

What was funny was that when I was checking out & had my receipt in hand I said, "I could probably turn around and E-Bay this for way more than this" and the guy I was working with just kind of got this far away look in his eye. Wonder if he's started buying up some inventory

I wonder if they'd let me take pictures of axes to put up here?

Vass
      Last edited by Vass; 03-21-2007, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Kiler Axe,killer deal! I like the case,looks kinda tweed,is that just for those model's?
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

No- I thought I mentioned that in my post but I didn't- No case for this one. Since my original post I talked to my local guitar shop guy who actually worked in that particular store for a number of years.

He said I got the deal because the guitar is "exploded"- that means someone sold the case out from under it, either with another guitar or by itself.

To me this sounds ridiculous, because they could easily order a Jackson case and be fine, to which he responded, yes, yes it is ridiculous. But it's how they do it.

Fine by me. If not getting a $100 case means I get $600 off a guitar, well, that's my kind of math.

No idea if the other SL1 was similarly exploded (the one I never saw and perhaps only lives in legend) but they did say it was the same price.

Vass

Comment

Regardless...it looks sweet.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post
              Regardless...it looks sweet.

nice thats about what I paid for mine

Comment

Working...
              X