Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of the Tribal Flames look ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and by the way, The tribals are yellow. What you are seeing is an optical illusion.
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

The news from the 'genius' decision making minds at the CS just gets better and better doesn't it?
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Mike, I'm sorry to hear that. I thought your paint jobs were a breath of fresh air for Jackson.

I like the look of your custom guitars, btw. Especially with the six in line headstock.
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Man, this really sucks big time. I am sorry to hear that Mike. I think this is a HUGE mistake on their part. They are going to lose ALOT of business. Your artwork is second to none and it gave J/C a fantstic new look that was a huge step above the rest. This REALLY sucks. I say we all email J/C and tell them what a huge mistake they are making !!!!!

Comment

Same thing they did back in the late 80s early 90s - they had one guy paint a few of those Color Dragons, give up the rights to it, then get an in-house guy to copy it.

I've had both an original and a "in-house" Color Dragon Dinky, and the original had better colors and more detail.
            The "copy" wasn't as vibrant, and it really showed when they were side by side.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

... so the custom shop really went to shit lately... sucks.
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                The news from the 'genius' decision making minds at the CS just gets better and better doesn't it?
                Yep, +1

Sorry to hear about the situation Mike. Your designs are unique and really put a spin on the old guitar shapes.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  I've had both an original and a "in-house" Color Dragon Dinky, and the original had better colors and more detail.
                  The "copy" wasn't as vibrant, and it really showed when they were side by side.
                  kinda like when jackson replicated the crosby dragon; check out the original and jacksons lame version. night and day.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Bullshit...WTF are they trying to do over there lately?
                    Hear the universe scream
                    Bleeding from black holes
                    Whom horns careless
                    And whom God mourns

Comment

heres a way better job, I think this is the original flames look bar the tribal thingy!
                      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jackson-Custom...QQcmdZViewItem
                      Last edited by scfw2000; 04-02-2007, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I really like the tribal design on the soloist shape. Wish I had the money to spend on a CS guitar.
                        Scott

Comment

wow, that really sucks, Mike. Like others have said, I thought your graphics have really added some zest to the line. Not to take anything away from Dan's graphics - I thought it was really cool that you could get a CS Jackson with Lawrence OR Learn graphics now.

fwiw, that stringthru Soloist is the SHIT! Awesome work.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

I like the flames, but not the green tribal markings. Green and flame don't mix for me.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                            X