Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Serial Number on Custom Bolt on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Serial Number on Custom Bolt on?

My guitar shown below is a bolt on Lacewood. However, the serial number is both on the neckplate and on the fingerboard. Why would it be on both? All the bolt ons I have owned have never had the serial number stamped onto the fingerboard at the last fret. I havent seen many that look like this, and I found a pic of one that Phil owns. The guitar wall hanger is also custom made with Lacewood.

Brooks
    www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Cool PC's. I believe the bolt on USA JJ guitars had stamped serial numbers at the last fret, but that was because they didn't have a neck plate. I have not heard of that either, but being that it's a Custom, anything can go. At least it's extra documentation and authenticity/originality cannot be disputed.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Perhaps it was requested from the custom order.

Oh, don't use so much compression on your pics... it blurs out the lacewood, and that's a unique headstock logo. Nice guitar!
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

With the flash inside, the color and wood fades out. Maybe the neck was a replacement, but just seems weird to have the same serial # on the neck plate and the fingerboard...

This is my other Lace and the color comes out better in daylight:

www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Cool guitars. Never saw a bolt-on with a fretboard serial number. Anything's possible, though.

BTW, trans red-ish colors on figured woods are always hard to photo well. Something about the red-ish colors and digitizing kills some of the detail of figuring in the woods.

Comment

Working...
          X