Rhoads shipping weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads shipping weight?

I'm sure many here have shipped a Rhoads in its case, and I'm wondering how much it all weighs, including the cardboard guitar box, if used.

I had thought 24 lbs would be close, considering the Rhoads needs a larger heavier case than a soloist, but the person I'm buying the guitar from is telling me it's $52 to ship to me in Canada from Washington DC using USPS airmail parcel post.

I checked on their website, and the $52 would work out to 34 - 35lbs. That seems to be very heavy for a guitar and case.

Any help would be appreciated, since I have a feeling I'm being scammed on this deal.

Not just the shipping, but the whole guitar.
    I've been asking for additional pictures since the start, and proof of it being shipped for the last three days, but the answers have been very evasive and no pictures.
    A lot of red flags going up for me.
    I paid with Paypal nearly five days ago, so if I'm going to reverse the payment, I have move on this quickly.

This was off Craigslist, not ebay, so it's a bit more complicated.
    Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I've never had so many things in one deal feel this fishy.

I just had a KE2 in hardcase shipped to me and it says it's 29 lbs on the UPS website. I can't imagine there is more than a couple of pounds difference between the two.
    Good deals with:
    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

My RR1 shipped in it's case and original box was 22 lbs.

Also, did you get any PayPal insurance on your payment? You may qualify if you have problems.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Unfortunately, $52 for shipping sounds about right.

I've only dealt with shipping to (and recieving from) Canada a few times, but it was always expensive and a real pain in the arse having to deal with Customs and all.

Comment

did you fund the paypal payment with a credit card?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon View Post
            did you fund the paypal payment with a credit card?
            Unfortunately it came from my bank account. I wish I would have read the threads lately about Paypal. Seems like if it's by a CC, there may be more I could do.

I hope to hell I'm just being retarded and paranoid, because I really want that guitar! It's a Custom Shop Rhoads, RR2820, that specs out exactly (or at least from the few pictures I saw) like a PCS Rhoads. Has a few issues, but the price was very good.

I'm just looking for proof that it's been shipped.
            I feel that if I wait for it to "supposedly" arrive, 7 - 10 days, there won't be anything I can do to get my money back, should it not arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
              My RR1 shipped in it's case and original box was 22 lbs.

Also, did you get any PayPal insurance on your payment? You may qualify if you have problems.
              To be honest, I've never even heard of Paypal insurance.

Comment

$52 doesn't sound too far off to ship a RR to Canada. It cost me $34 to ship a Strat to Connecticut recently. And it sounds like POSSIBLY getting overcharged 5-10 bucks on shipping is the least of your worries.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I've shipped 5 guitars so far and they have all ended up close to $50. That is not at all a outrageous price especially for international shipping. Plus depends how well the guy is packing it. My slsmg came in a cardboard box with no packing on the guitar itself. When I opened it, I was like "nothing better be broken!" but it was all good. I pack and double pack all my guitars. My guess is that you are being very paranoid.

oh, and the shipping weight always came to more than 30 lbs. With the ultra-lightweight (ultra crappy) dean evo, it was like 22 lbs or something and with the epi zakk wyle, it was 35+ lbs. So far none of the numbers seem outrageous. Post some pics please when you get it! Good luck!! I'll pray for the safe arrival of your guitar!!
                  Sam

Comment

It may have a lot to do with the size of the box too. if it where ups and fedex it would default to 30lbs ever if it weighted 1lb because of the size. A rhoads with case is pretty heavy.

Comment

The $52 shipping cost, if actual, doesn't bother me a bit. I'm just trying to get enough info that when I call him on this, I have all the facts straight. If he would send me a receipt from the post office, I would be satisfied that it's all good, and patiently wait for it to arrive.
                      Since that hasn't happened, I have to assume that it may be a scam.

I have found lately though, that communication and doing things in a timely manner have been low priorities for some people.
                      I'm not like that, so it frustrates the hell out of me!

I think I need a beer!

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        My guess is that you are being very paranoid.
                        You think??

Funny, my wife says the same thing, although even she says this is getting wierd! I'm not a big fan of getting screwed over!

I've just emailed him and basically said send the post office receipt, or I contact Paypal and reverse the payment.

Oh yeah, his phone is now disconnected!

I'm swimming in red flags now!!

We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by 37fiat View Post
                          You think??

Funny, my wife says the same thing, although even she says this is getting wierd! I'm not a big fan of getting screwed over!

I've just emailed him and basically said send the post office receipt, or I contact Paypal and reverse the payment.

Oh yeah, his phone is now disconnected!

I'm swimming in red flags now!!

We'll see what happens.
                          oh sh*t !! Guess you are NOT paranoid. Yeah, let us know. Hope things work out.
                          Sam

Comment

Amazing what a little pressure will get you!

Just received a fax with the post office receipt.

The box was 28lb 2oz, and cost him/me $45.50 using USPS airmail parcel post. I don't know where he got the $52 he was talking about from.

It was shipped yesterday at 4:25 pm from Alexandria, Virginia. A suburb of D.C.

This takes a huge load off my mind! But it isn't here yet, and I hope it's what he says it is.
                            I bought it from the info he provided over the phone and these crappy pics from Craigslist.

It's gonna need some TLC and a bit of work, but it should turn out nice after.
                            He says that "made in the U.S.A. is in fact on the headstock after the Jackson logo, but I can't make it out from that picture. It had better be there!!!

Amazing that so many questionable things happened at once.
                            - no other pictures
                            - no contact
                            - disconnected phone
                            - no shipping info until now.

Ebay, even though it has its problems, has been a lot less stressful for me than Craigslist.

Comment

Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X