Jackson body question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson body question

Are there any full size body soloists out there? CS maybe? Just wondering if Jackson has made any full size guitars. I know some bolt ons were but that would be a Charvel to me!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

I didn't realize that Soloists weren't full-sized guitars to begin with...you mean, compared to a regular sized Strat?

Comment

Yeah, soloists are dinky bodies, I was wondering if there were any CS full size ones out there!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I think Jim Shine had a "Strat 24" which was basically a Strat-sized Soloist with 24 frets.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes, Jackson did make neck-thru Strats. Tim Firefingers had a green, neck-thru Strat with rev Strat headstock if I remember correctly.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm, any pics around?

Comment

Wait a second, I don't get it. So the KV-2 and the KE-2 and the RR-1 are all "small" bodied? I mean, even the Soloist? What does this mean, that the guitar bodies are "scaled down" from the regular, say, Flying V, Explorer and Fender Strat sizes?

I didn't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                Wait a second, I don't get it. So the KV-2 and the KE-2 and the RR-1 are all "small" bodied? I mean, even the Soloist? What does this mean, that the guitar bodies are "scaled down" from the regular, say, Flying V, Explorer and Fender Strat sizes?

I didn't know that.
                A Soloist/Dinky body is slightly smaller than a full size Strat... like 7/8" the size.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  A Soloist/Dinky body is slightly smaller than a full size Strat... like 7/8" the size.
                  here's a visual impression

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post

I didn't know that.
                    another visual impression

Comment

Originally posted by pebber View Post
                      another visual impression

Is that a typical small Kelly of today from when Marty Friedman started using them and had them downsized?
                      The original King Kelly I think was normal Explorer sized (or maybe bigger?) and then there was a medium size before the smallest size we know today.

Comment

Wow thanks toejam! I wonder how the KV compares to a flying V. I always thought it was big (KV2). I had a flying V 67 once, long ago, but I can't compare it in size I mean, I can't remember for sure. Is it smaller too?

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          Yes, Jackson did make neck-thru Strats. Tim Firefingers had a green, neck-thru Strat with rev Strat headstock if I remember correctly.
                          I take it that "Tim FireFingers"....plays fast? :ROTF: Sorry....im just
                          jealous over a cool handle!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            Neon green-ish, Kahler'd with matching HS? Wasn't that a bolt-on Dinky? I thought so, at least. Cool guitar either way.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                              Neon green-ish, Kahler'd with matching HS? Wasn't that a bolt-on Dinky? I thought so, at least. Cool guitar either way.
                              Yeah, neon green, kahler matching rev headstock painted neck. I'm nearly positive it was neck-thru, but it may have been a dinky/soloist type body. I didn't particularly care for the guitar or I would remember better. I did get the black Strat after bugging him for like a year and a half though, so that's all that mattered to me.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X