New soon to be USA guy, new to forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New soon to be USA guy, new to forum

Just wanted to say YO, and that I'm awaiting an SL2H...seems like everybody here is reallly into their Jacksons!

This'll be my first Jackson, I used to be a fan years back but funds were thin then...other guitars I own are a Pacifica, an Ibanez Prestige RG2550 EGK, a Dean 79 MLF.

I've got lots of questions that I'm sure somebody here knows the answers to! Thanks in advance!

Welcome! Fire away with the questions. You will soon get an answer! There are lots of interesting things here.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Well, I normally ask these types of questions 'before' I buy, but with the wait times and all...

First, how does the Soloist neck compare in terms of thickness to a typical Ibanez Wizard neck as found on the Prestige? I've never actually played a USA Soloist, but I'm like that...most of my guitars were bought sight-unseen, and I've been happy with them all. I know they're speedy necks, but from what I gather on this site they're not quite as slim as the Wizard neck (which is fine with me, my Dean neck is *quite different!).

I'm just happy to get Duncan pickups, a real OFR and ebony on this guitar!! I'm getting the Ferrari Red finish, by the way. I'm sure in terms of quality that I won't be disappointed.

The volume knob looks to be a bit high for my liking, but I'll get used to it. Can't wait, I'm overseas and will return in a few weeks but the guitar is ready to ship now. I lucked out, it only took 2 months!...the dealer says most likely there was a cancellation.

I didn't think that Ferarri Red would be that popular nowadays, but since most of my guitars are black (well, all of them) this style of red is gonna look great! Plus red guitars inherently play faster than other colors !...

..if anybody has some pron of the Ferrari red SL2H, throw it on!..I've seen plenty of SL1's, but not the SL2H.

Comment

Swap those Duncans for EMG's!
        I love admins!

Comment

welcome!!!! i agree with you red guitars rock!!!
          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!!

Comment

Howdy!

Comment

welcome mate
                my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Welcome!
                  as a ex-ibanez and present jackson owner, I can tell you that even though the neck is not as thin as Ibanez wizard's neck, its indeed as fast if not faster. Even though the soloist's neck is a lacquered neck, its still very fast. My dean's is a lacquered neck too but my my hand sticks to the neck even though I've wiped it clean.

The volume knob, you will get used to it getting in the way. But being right there, yon can use your pinky to reduce the volume real quick.

If I am gonna buy a $1000+ guitar, I would want to play on it first, but if you have played on any other jackson before, I guess it should not be too much of a difference. you are gonna love the guitar! Any pics?? This forum thrives on pics.
                  Sam

Comment

Welcome!

You won't be disappointed dude!

Comment

Welcome aboard, dude! The Ferrari Red finish definitely kicks ass, great color!
                      Have a nice time here!
                      RATT RULES!

Comment

Welcome. Sl2H's are nice. Your gonna love it. I too come from Ibanez guitars and have several with wizard and Wizard II necks. I love the neck on the soloist. It is now my favorite neck, even with the laquer finish.

I have had some problems in the past with the USA selects and even my Custom Shop Sl2H, but I'm picky.

Make sure you post pics!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Hello

Whats up? That red is very nice red! Your going to love the new axe. So your a Jackson virgin??? Youll see what you have been missing Good luck.
                          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Welcome ! If you can't get used to the volume knob postion <like me>, here's an idea .... I have never been much for the tone control, never use it. So I moved the volume knob to the pickup selector hole and the selector switch to the tone control hole, then filled in and color matched the empty volume hole. I like that arrangement MUCH better. I've done it on both of my WR1's and made a new cover plate with this arrangement for my RR1. Good luck !
                            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the atmosphere here...
                              When you get the guitar you must remember this thread
                              because
                              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                              X