No announcement yet.

Are you buying as many now as you were?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one custom shop order on the way. That is my last planned purchase. I doubt I will order another one at this point only because I am happy with my collection, I do play them all however. The price increase has put a damper on ordering one but if I see something I really like I probably won't hesitate to get it. At this point anything I buy will be an impulse buy.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I dunt know, but I have noticed this. Across the board, manufacturers are just gouging consumers for a USA made guitar. Simple as that. Call them what they want it's all the same sham. Masterbuilt, Custom shop, Historic, Limited, blah blah blah. I know when I'm getting turned upside down and shaken relentlessly to empty out every dime. It's a sick trend.

I've always gotten a kick out of getting picking up a few new guitars a year, but I'm not interested in taking out a second mortgage to do it.

I guess I see it like this; my prediction: a glut of big dollar dealer guitar inventories growing over the next few years and dealers getting raked right along with the customers. Stuck with a $290,000 inventory that doesn't want to move and having to blow out a lot of stuff at cost or less. I'm just not spending $2200 for a group A KV-2 or SL1. They're nice guitars but compare it to $2200 spent for a 50 LCD TV or 4 hours with 2 bangin' hookers in Vegas.......no chance

Comment

I just picked up 4 new ones.3 from Fuller's and 1 from eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
          I just did this to all my dusty guitars that have been sitting for a while.
          Replaced pickups, worn nuts, setups,ect........I did what I could and paid a local tech to do the wiring and nut job.
          It was like a breath of fresh air as gay as that sounds.

That was early last year, I've bought 6 guitars since then.
          We're all sick in the head aren't we?
          Right after I said that, I turned around and bought a few more...

But really, from now on, I'll try to stick to my resolution.... :p

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
            Rico Jr....
            Have you bothered to get a quote? They're still a big chunk of change.
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
              or 4 hours with 2 bangin' hookers in Vegas.......no chance

Priceless!
              Hear the universe scream
              Bleeding from black holes
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

Funny you should say that - The reason I own 2 guitars instead of just 1 is because I cut down on hookers and work more overtime than I used to. It's nice to know that my money went on something worthwhile for a change. Well, at least I'm being honest.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

No, I have slowed down on buying axes.

Donno, it just kind of faded. I'd look at all the guitars and wonder to myself, do I need all of them?

I'm down to three at the moment. My original red '82, the blue jackson u.s.a. h-s kahler and a parts mutt I am having completed('87 u.s.a. dinky body with a maple pointyhead '86 jackson neck, chrome floyd and h-h.) That'll be available once it's done.

Comment

You said it man..."do I really need all of them?" Not that I've got any kind of huge collection...I cut back from 8 to 5 over the last year, but upgraded a little at the same time. I'm not a USA snob per se, but I sold all my imports, mostly cuz they were bolt-ons and I prefer neckthru, or at least a set neck. The only import is a Washburn Dime 333 with a set neck. Still, who the fuck am I that I need these? I'm not touring the world, or my hometown for that matter. It's just pure greed!
                    Hear the universe scream
                    Bleeding from black holes
                    Whom horns careless
                    And whom God mourns

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
                      I'm just not spending $2200 for a group A KV-2 or SL1. They're nice guitars but compare it to $2200 spent for a 50 LCD TV or 4 hours with 2 bangin' hookers in Vegas.......no chance
                      HAHA! 2 hookers in vegas really cost that much for 4 hours... 'round my neck o the woods you can get em for as cheap as $500 for 5 days!

Comment

If people keep paying the prices, they'll keep raising them. Fact is, people keep paying. Simple logic but that's the root of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X