No announcement yet.

the return of my old LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to hear that you have your old friend back but that shipping company sucks...Peter (pebber) done everything what needed (as I saw from the picture => seems to be a perfect packing) but it doesn´t help if there are some a**h*les during the shipping who doesn´t respect the fragile package...Hopefully things will be allright as soon as possible!

Comment

somebody needs to start a delivery service just for musical instruments. this way they would get better treatment than regular packages.maybe call it mds musical delivery service or something like that.

Comment

Ouch i hate getting guitars posted to me ,ive seen so many pics like this on this board
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Good luck getting her repaired, post pics of her when she's back in her full glory
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Sorry to see that, Sully! Scott Vwall is in Texas, maybe see if he can help or knows somebody who can.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry to see that damage Sully. From the pix it looks like Pebber did a great packing job as Tommi said. I'm not in the Texas area, I'm in Ohio but perhaps Lloyd from GuitarXpress.com and San Dimas Guitars might know someone close to you who can fix it? He's is in nearby Oklahoma. Or perhaps he can put you in touch with Adel Diaz who is a Jackson rep from Texas. He may know of reputable places close to you who can handle the repair.
              In any case I hope you get her back looking new again soon.

Rudy
              www.wickedrocks.com
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

joe, vwall's in houston, which i'd have to ship to.

i did some research on charley's guitar shop in dallas, and SRV's old tech used to work there. they've got a lot of boutique kind of stuff that's more vintage themed, but they've got 2 full time techs on staff, so i'll go check them out.

rudy, thanks for the tip; i may have to give lloyd a call.

updates as they happen.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

this damage sucks man, but it will be killer again!
                  good luck with the repairs
                  SEPTYCAL GORGE MySpace page
                  SEPTYCAL GORGE official website

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                    joe, vwall's in houston, which i'd have to ship to.
                    Ah, I thought he was closer to Dallas. Oh well, good luck, hope you get it repaired.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Man it brought a smile to my face when I started reading that you got you're LTD back because I know how much it meant to you...I think you got it at Park Ave. Music? That second picture breaks my heart man...I'm just glad to see it isn't a complete break. I hope ot see that axe back to 100% soon!!

- Joel
                      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                      RIP Dime

Comment

Shit Sull, Sorry man. I'm sure it will be killer again. At least Daisuke won yesterday
                        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz666 View Post
                          Man it brought a smile to my face when I started reading that you got you're LTD back because I know how much it meant to you...I think you got it at Park Ave. Music?

- Joel
                          i did indeed, sir... i found this a few weeks ago:

i took some macro pictures of the damage, and it's kind of weird to say, but some of the pictures are actually kind of nice looking, considering their subject.

anyway, i'm off to charley's guitar shop in dallas to see about getting it fixed. i tell ya, if randy played raw necks, this thing would have been in a clamp within 15 minutes.

thanks for the well wishes, guys, i'll update soon.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Man what a kick in the balls. The glory of its return really should be heralded above what has happened to it, but it just sucks the wind out of ya sails! I'm sure that in time, it'll be a fond memory of bonding back with it again. Doesnt change that it still sucks though!

Hope it gets back to how you remember it dude, good luck with it all

Comment

bengal - have you ever been to charlie's before? i know that you're in houston and all, so i'm guessing probably not. but do you know anything about that place? are they any good as far as repairs go? i'm way too emotionally attached to the guitar to fix it myself, and the only place i know around here that i could take it would be easton's.
                              Yep, I used to live in your area. I bought my Gibson J-200 at his shop in 1989. I don't know about their repairs though. He had a lot of high end stuff though and by the time you read this, you probably already know or at least get an idea of what's needed with your guitar.
                              Last edited by Bengal65; 04-06-2007, 11:32 AM.
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

i did indeed, sir... i found this a few weeks ago:

i took some macro pictures of the damage, and it's kind of weird to say, but some of the pictures are actually kind of nice looking, considering their subject.

anyway, i'm off to charley's guitar shop in dallas to see about getting it fixed. i tell ya, if randy played raw necks, this thing would have been in a clamp within 15 minutes.

thanks for the well wishes, guys, i'll update soon.

sully
                                20 bucks for 6 strings! Now that's outrageous!
                                Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X