No announcement yet.

the return of my old LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to see that Sully, I was wondering what the post in the EBay thread was all about.. Good Luck w/ the fix, I know you are glad to have your LTD back though. I still have mine and would freak if something happened to it..like you, I still have the original receipt for mine as well..

Comment

Sully-How cool just got in from work opened a beer and was reading your post. Hell yeah getting an old friend back scrolled down some more and about choked to death on my beer. Damn it man I hope you get it repaired and can't tell.

Comment

Sorry - that sucks. Hopefully you can get it repaired easily.

On another note, I would never recommend that someone use bubble wrap around the headstock. Anything that is in contact with the headstock can flex it if the case is dropped in shipping. I always try to pack the hell out of the inside of the case around the body of the guitar so it can't budge. Loosen the strings and leave the headstock area completely open. If the back of the headstock can touch the bottom of the case I usually try to put some padding under the neck to elevate it. Before I scrolled down and looked at the picture with the break I had an "oh shit" reaction when I saw the big wad of bubble wrap around the headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz666 View Post
          Yeah I'm thinking they could shoot the glue in with the needle and clamp it...that's definitely the easy part....blending the paint with be a decent job...depending on how much the white has aged.
          yep. and it's aged a fair amount. it's almost....almond? in some spots.

i may have posted this before, but i took some macro pictures yesterday in the sunlight. oddly enough, some of them came out very cool looking, so i put them on my flickr page. go to the full sized versions and you can kinda get an idea of what i'm talking about. i guess sometimes there can be beauty in wreckage.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sullyville/
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Geez dude, what rubbish luck.

Like everyone else I was gutted when I saw the pictures of the break; especially after the story started so promisingly. Did you ever think of writing scripts for mid-afternoon soaps?! You'd clearly be good at it!

I still can't fathom how it happened. Clearly the neck was wrapped up well. Did the crack happen in the case or had it fallen out?

Fingers crossed that you get it fixed up with no further hicups.

Cheers,

Ken

PS What's up with the new avatar? There has to be a story behind it. If it's based on a boxing nun, you've definitely got to go into the soap opera script writting business! Dr Drake Ramoray versus the Boxing Nun. I like it.

Comment

i'm with ya; dr. remoray is undefeated, you know!

the avatar was one that i used a long time ago....i mentioned something about how something drove me so nuts that i want to punch a nun. so i got a pic of a nun and put an incoming boxing glove to illustrate.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

John, if you cant find a qualified repair place to fix this, Im more than qualified if you want to ship it to Houston.
                Also, my paint guy used to work for Robin Guitars for years so Im confident that he will be able to handle the paint match- And ah yeah, chinese algebra-good thing he's Asian ROTF!!!

Comment

Oh,it hurts to see a guitar like that.I hope it gets repaired and restored as good as new,in a short time.
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

nooooo! That blows man. Sorry about your trouble bro.
                    Hear the universe scream
                    Bleeding from black holes
                    Whom horns careless
                    And whom God mourns

Comment

the Voo doo do;; and Yankee hat was jinx the Sox not anything else, and the punch nun i stole from Joe Montegna in Queens logic. I may have to keep clear of you as of now sullster, I really put a hex on the doll and the yankee hat, which arrived first? it will fine in the end dude, they're solid as a rock when repaired correctly. If the doll and hat arrrived first, you have to send it back to me and i'll remove the curse until the guitar is fixed and then i'll send them back to you. I am glad you got the guitar of your dreams back though, mine's still out of reach.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Shit..my KV Pro arrived today from Italy but I haven't visited post office yet. I really hope it's ok. Luckily the shippment is fully insured.

BTW: Which transportation company was brought the guitar?
                        Last edited by Ben_D; 04-10-2007, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                          20 bucks for 6 strings! Now that's outrageous!
                          that's what I was thinking! You drop 2G on a guitar and they sting you a 20 for strings? I don't pay that much for them now, 15 years later.

Glad to hear you're getting the repair sorted, sully. that break pic was heartbreaking to see.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                            BTW: Which transportation company was brought the guitar?
                            EMS, but DHL takes over in the US from them appearently.

It's also more then FULLY insured, but I know insurance issues are never easy/quickly paid.. but we'll get there

Comment

UGGGGGHHHH! Thats awful Sully....
                              That does it. I am not buying from Europe. Sorry, but this one is the icing. Apparently there is a guitar gnome on international flights.....

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

isn't that Roberts Charvel, Shawn?
                                (I thought that one arrived with a neck crack/break)

Comment

Working...
                                X