No announcement yet.

Put a ding on my trans black KE-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never underestimate the power of a black Sharpie! And if the ding is still bothersome, then a little dab of crazy glue or clear nail polish will help.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Never underestimate the power of a black Sharpie! And if the ding is still bothersome, then a little dab of crazy glue or clear nail polish will help.
        Also known as the "Carr Guitar Ready for Retail kit". Amazingly it's in "like new" condition!

Comment

Originally posted by Mesaboog View Post
          She's officially broken in! Now go play and enjoy her and stop worrying about it.
          +1. Stop being girly and just play it.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

You could fill the nick, airbrush it black, and clear it just that area a little larger than the repair itself and buff it out. I've repaired sunbursts and you couldn't tell they were repaired. If you know paint and the equipment, you are half way there!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Black sharpe and a dab of superglue. Then buff the "clear/superglue" flush with existing finish.

I think that is a decent option.
              sigpic

Comment

I have a similar ding on my Warrior, but I'm not paying for a refin as it would cost at least 80% of what I paid for the guitar. Fuck that.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

If you use superglue...go to a hobby shop and get the really really thin stuff. Then use the tip of a needle to put a drop into the cracked clear coat.

I did that with an old Wolfgang I had and it worked great.

Dont get it refinished for that little ol thing. Believe me..you will get over it and you will get more. If you dont, your not playing nearly enough

Comment

Now that it's dinged, you can quit being so careful with it and just PLAY it!!
                    At least that worked for me..

Comment

Most of my main players have worse than that. Seriously though it might not be too much to get it looking much better.
                      If you really love the finish and want it to be perfect you could spend a good bit of money and sent it to a pro to fix up, you might want to practice refinishing a cheaper guitar though before you have a stab at that one if you plan on doing it yourself.

Comment

It seriously took me looking at the second picture to even notice where it was in the first picture. If it really bothers you, the sharpie/superglue will cover it up. Getting the whole body refinished for one tiny nick like that is ridiculous.

And it will happen again.
                        Scott

Comment

Working...
                        X