Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a difference in feel,King V vs Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a difference in feel,King V vs Rhoads?

I have this:

And i was never 100% comfortable playing it, i don`t know what it is, the neck shape? String width, scale lenght???

I heard once that the King V has a particular feel to it, is that true? And is it similar to a RR1 lets say?

The neck is super nice, as is the action, but there`s just something that doesn`t click.

Thanks for any help,

Chris

The King V neck has a thinner back profile, what they call a "speed neck", and it also has smaller frets (medium jumbo) compared to the jumbo frets of the Rhoads.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      The King V neck has a thinner back profile, what they call a "speed neck", and it also has smaller frets (medium jumbo) compared to the jumbo frets of the Rhoads.
      I`m used to playing old vintage Dean guitars, wich have a realy tight string spacing, compared to the King V wich is super wide. Maybe like you say, it`s all these little diffrences that make it very different. I`ve got a bunch of guitars and the Jackson is the only one i have a hard time getting used too, very sad cause this thing is nice.

Chris

Comment

The nut width of the Jacksons is 1 & 11/16", which isn't really all that wide, but the fingerboards and back shapes do indeed seem to get wider compared to other brands.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love the King V. I played a RR V many years ago and wasn't in love. I've since tried a few out here and there and was never marveled by them. I always chalked it up to just feelign weird becase of the smaller lower end.

BTW I managed to snag a KV2 in transblack this weekend online. Should have it soon!

Comment

Originally posted by H8Red442 View Post
            I love the King V. I played a RR V many years ago and wasn't in love. I've since tried a few out here and there and was never marveled by them. I always chalked it up to just feelign weird becase of the smaller lower end.

BTW I managed to snag a KV2 in transblack this weekend online. Should have it soon!
            Congrats man, i always prefer see through colors than solid.

Post pics when you get it.

Chris

Comment

The nut width of the Jacksons is 1 & 11/16", which isn't really all that wide, but the fingerboards and back shapes do indeed seem to get wider compared to other brands.

Yep, it`s just weird. I guess i`m not made for the King V. I`ve got an old Dean V that`s just a glove to me.

Thanks for the info,

Chris

Comment

I have tried lot of RR models but prefer KV because of speedneck. Awesome guitar...I want that

Comment

wanna sell it? That thing is sweet. Matches my soloist

Comment

What he said. Having said that, I don't find the Rhoads neck that much different. Still an awesome profile. Of course the Rhoads neck has varied quite a bit in its existence and I'm talking about the modern profile...
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by 69dodgecharger View Post
                      wanna sell it? That thing is sweet. Matches my soloist

LOL, yep,it`s for sale actually.

Chris

Comment

New guys - be careful with the sales talk. Take it offline before you get an admin smackdown.

Comment

I've noticed that too. I've played a couple DK2Ms and swear they have a 1 3/4" nut. Weird.

But on topic, this is a great question that I'm wondering myself. I just got an RR1 last month and sold it because it just didn't work for me. I'm wondering if the KV would feel be pretty much the same? i.e. are the strap buttons in the same locations, does the upper wing stick out as far, etc.?
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I love KVs.. and although I love the look of the Rhoads, I was disappointed every time I played one.. so I guess there's a big feel difference between them.
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                              I've noticed that too. I've played a couple DK2Ms and swear they have a 1 3/4" nut. Weird.

But on topic, this is a great question that I'm wondering myself. I just got an RR1 last month and sold it because it just didn't work for me. I'm wondering if the KV would feel be pretty much the same? i.e. are the strap buttons in the same locations, does the upper wing stick out as far, etc.?
                              I've never thought they felt the same. I prefer the KV neck. The upper point sticks out the same on the KV, both points do in fact IIRC. Not sure about the strap buttons but I would imagine they're the same but the heavier and longer lower end on the KV balances that out.

Comment

Working...
                              X