Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a difference in feel,King V vs Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question - does the KV2T have the tall, thin frets like the KV2, or proper jumbos?
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
      Another question - does the KV2T have the tall, thin frets like the KV2, or proper jumbos?
      There are some serious differences between the KV2 and the KV2T aside from the tall skinny frets on a KV2 and the Jumbo frets on a KV2T.

The KV2T is a 24 3/4" scale compared to the KV2 which is a 25 1/2" scale.

The KV2T neck dimensions are 3rd Fret: .790”, 12th Fret: .850”
      The KV2 neck dimensions are 3rd Fret: .775”, 12th Fret: .835”

Whereas the "speed neck" on the KV2 backshape is kinda flat the KV2T is a bit rounder and meatier.....The closest thing I can compare it to is the backshape of the neck on the early neckthru Warrior Pro.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
        There are some serious differences between the KV2 and the KV2T aside from the tall skinny frets on a KV2 and the Jumbo frets on a KV2T.

The KV2T neck dimensions are 3rd Fret: .790”, 12th Fret: .850”
        The KV2 neck dimensions are 3rd Fret: .775”, 12th Fret: .835”

Whereas the "speed neck" on the KV2 backshape is kinda flat the KV2T is a bit rounder and meatier.....The closest thing I can compare it to is the backshape of the neck on the early neckthru Warrior Pro.

Wow man, that`s some pretty accurate info there.

Thanks for all the help guys, i really appreciate it.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
          Some early KV2Ts mistakenly got out with the 25.5" scale. Around 30 maybe? I believe Joel (Ozz666) has one.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Some early KV2Ts mistakenly got out with the 25.5" scale. Around 30 maybe? I believe Joel (Ozz666) has one.
            Oh yeah....I forgot about that. I'm pretty sure that Tim had one of those for sale recently too. Nice catch on the missing info Joe!!!!
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I knew about the spec differences between the KV2 and KV2T from the Jackson catalog, I was just wondering about the frets because the KV2 is listed as jumbos even though they are the tall, thin frets. But now that I know the KV2T has real jumbos, it makes it even more appealing. Because I like all the other specs - 24 3/4 scale, mahogany, and thicker neck.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
              X