No announcement yet.

Flame maple top on my DK-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a basswood bodied Wolfgang, sounded like a chainsaw and basswood is soft as ass.

My Hamer Korina Vector cuts like a knife. Korina is softer than maple for sure. I guess electronics have a lot to do with it as well.

I also had a Hamer Studio custom, mahogany with a 3/8 inch insane maple top. Dark and muddy no matter what pickups I put into it....sold that sucker.

Comment

Hey dude, you sound familiar. From the HFC? I am black magic over there As for the maple tops. I use to own an SL2H in natural flame and it had a paper thin flame top, 1/16" at best. That was actually good and maple thru alder can be very bright Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
        Hey dude, you sound familiar. From the HFC? I am black magic over there As for the maple tops. I use to own an SL2H in natural flame and it had a paper thin flame top, 1/16" at best. That was actually good and maple thru alder can be very bright Jack.
        Yep, Im from the HamerFanclub site. Love my Hamers!

Had to have a US Jackson though. Couldnt find a good deal on a Cali or other Hamer US "shredder". Got a great deal on the US DK-1 locally so....

Comment

Working...
        X