What am I lookin at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I lookin at?

I'm new to the Jackson world, looking to buy a Jackson USA from a seller in my town. Trying to figure out what model it is and about what it's worth. This is what I know about it: Offset arrow shaped head, maple neck with rosewood fretboard, black (graphite) body--can see wood grain through dull black finish, 5-way pickup switch, double neck and bridge humbuckers with a single coil pickup in the middle, floyd rose tremelo and locking nut piece. Owner/seller says it's a late 90's model. Near perfect condition. Anybody help me? Dbo

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a Super Dinky, SDK1. http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...1997Page16.htm
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What's it worth?

Thanks for the reply. Any idea what it would have sold for originally and what it might be worth today? The seller is asking $1,000.00 for the guitar and a Line 6 spider amp--both in great condition.

Comment

If it is a super dinky, they weren't popular at all. Maybe 600 for the guitar?....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Anyone else?

Anyone else out there with a guess at what guitar I'm looking at? I checked a guitar catalog, and the Super Dinky sounds right. Do these guitars hold their value?

Comment

Not a very popular model with the collectors. $500.00 if all the case candy come with it
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

the spider better be a halfstack for a thousand......
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
              X