deciphering newer serial numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deciphering newer serial numbers

I'm alittle confused on how to date the BGF SL1 I have. Sadly it doesnt get played after I received my custom shop in December. So it is up for auction.

So people are asking if it is pre fender and what year it is exactly. I have heard its not wise to post serials in ones auction.
    I bought it roughly around 2003-04 and have the hang tags but good lord whoever signed it was sloppy, looks like it could be '03.

I've tried to search the site here but havent seen much for newer serial number breakdowns. Doesnt seem like the 1st number represents the year from what I have seen.

serial is U12**1. Anybody know

Thanx

There is no year coding in the serial... it's just a sequential number.
    Look in the trem spring cavity. Something is usually penciled in there.
    Otherwise... wait for Ron.
    -Rick

Comment

Asking if its a pre fender is kind of stupid really.People that ask that question have no clue what they are bidding on.They are still made by the same people.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Rj is correct, on all counts

as is straycat.

U12xxx is approximately, guesstimated, by me, as 2003.

So, "Post Fender"
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thats sorta of what I figured (2003) I just wanna be as truthful as possible to the people asking the questions because I know when I'm bidding on guitars I want as much info as possible if I'm going to be spending the $$.

Thanx for the replies

Comment

Working...
          X