Last Fret Legit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Fret Legit

I found a SD Rhoads but want to make sure it looks legit to you guys before I pull the trigger on it. It appears to have a white Jackson logo (not MOP) and the last fret with serial number looks fishy (binding has lines in it at last fret like the serial was modded?). I havent held it in my hands yet. Anyway check out the pictures and let me know what you guys think. Thanks for any help on this.

More pictures at http://www.z1n.com/public-files/SD%20Rhoads/

Looks normal to me. It's got the old-school binding nibs over the frets.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ah.. Thanks for your help! I was just looking at some old pictures and found some with the same binding and logo.

Comment

Yeah, that looks good to me as well....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The guy had it listed in Craigs list for $1300 and, after talking to him lastnight, I was going to move on it today but I found it re-listed in Craigslist for $1500! Also it is now posted on eBay! I guess he changed his mind over night! sucks but I guess it's better that I don't deal with a person like this. Also he told me cash only no Paypal but now he accepts paypal on his ebay auction! ohwell maybe next time!

if anyone is intrested here is the ebay link

Here is the craigs list

Comment

It'll sell for $2000 without much trouble.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Re-listed with a $3,500.00 BIN

You should have jumped on it while you had the chance.
              -Rick

Comment

Buyer beware. Although he has decent feedback, this guy has never sold anything on Ebay. He's only been a buyer so far. That, along with the rapid, multiple Craigslist & Fleabay listing changes would make me very wary of dealing with him.

Comment

not far from me...that guitar looks like a sweetie.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                    not far from me...that guitar looks like a sweetie.
                    Yeah, it looks really nice and even though it has upper tip damage, it doesn't look like it was played a whole bunch.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

In the words of a Bruce Willis character, "What a Dickweed"
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        You should have jumped on it while you had the chance.
                        I tried too! I talked to the guy the same day he first listed it on craigs list and was going to get it the next day (today 27th) but he relisted it yada yada yada! haha but yea he sent me a message sayin he would not honor the $1300 price I was going to buy it for err

Comment

The binding was always done like that. It's not possible to get a squared edge because the binding won't bend that sharply without buckling at the corner, so they have to cut a strip to cover the end.

On a new guitar you can't usually see the seams, but as a guitar ages dirt and whatnot will highlight them.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                          X