SD Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Jackson

Just landed a 1986 soloist with 2 singles and 1 hum(all Jackson covered ) and a black Kahler pro(steel rollers).Black jackson branded gotoh tuners with the 90 degree tang.No fret inlays ebony fingerboard.Get this black and yellow crackle on top with body binding.Back is a nasty brown color I think the clear has aged to this yucky brown color.Has active mid boost system not sure which just yet I've been noodleing around on it I will take it apart no night.
    Not sure which humbucker but will look and see. Original G&G case too.
    No pics sorry.I may have to go buy a camers
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Curcuit board is the long type.All 3 pots attached to the board.The vol pot has a sticker with the initials JC and 7-23.Body looks to be mahogony.

Comment

You knew you were going to get this. You have to set the budget to get a camera! Prices of camera's have come down in the last 2 years. You can get twice the Meg now for the same price as 2 years ago!

Congrats on the find!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I was looking in the gallery and only 1 soloist there had binding on the body.BTW ser # is J 2280.The sum bitch rips I can tell you that.Kahler works like a dream,action is stupid low and no buzzing.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Curcuit board is the long type.All 3 pots attached to the board.The vol pot has a sticker with the initials JC and 7-23.Body looks to be mahogony.
          look a little like this?

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yes Dave it does. Thats exactly what I'm looking at. What do they call this mid boost set up cause it ain't in the scans.BTW whats the ser # number of the guitar pictured?
            Last edited by straycat; 04-28-2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

It's actually J2136 and it is the cover guitar for the electronics campaign back in the eighties (you can see the guitar on the box in the picture as well. As for the electronics, it's a midboost system (much better quality than the short PC board style) but I also have yet to see any documentation on these.

Dave ->

Comment

I have that box too!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What bridge pickup do you have? I'm guessing mine is a J-80 B by the sound of it.Mine has the black headstock but the cracle is real close to yours.The body binding with the brown back kind of throws me off never seen one like this.I remember a thread back on the old JCF about the brown back guitars.
                  There is a small chip on the top horn and it looks like a pinkish-red primer was used.I looked in the electronics cavity and the body wings are mahogony.Neck is maple(small chip on the headstock tip).
                  All original and very cool just not the best choice of colors for the back.

Comment

I believe mine is the J50B, which is what were usually used for the midboost ssytems but it's been a long time since it's been apart so I could be mistaken.
                    Dave ->

Comment

Last edited by Budman68; 04-28-2007, 09:30 PM.
                      Dave ->

Comment

I was wondering where the build info would be DOH!!Cool pics thanks a lot its a big help.These should a 3 piece neck right?
                        Your electronics cavity cover is shaped a little different.Mine is more like the reg larger std route
                        Last edited by straycat; 04-28-2007, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Great looking crackle Jackson SL1 guitar Dave. It reminds me "back to a time (like 1987)" of when I dreamed of owning a Jackson. I couldn't afford them back then, but they were the most awesome guitars around (and still are).

Comment

Just an update WO #1738 other markings in the Kahler route are VTM 3M N.
                            What that means I have no clue.Still she is a bad ass.Bridge pickup is a J-50 singles are covered but sound like stacked j100s not dark like J200s.

Comment

Very, very cool guitar. I love the blue crackle to.
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X