Info on Grover Jackson USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Grover Jackson USA

I have a Grover Jackson (the Japanese production name) built in the U.S.

Plays great. I heard the Japanese Grover Jackson also orders small quantity of guitars from the USA Custom Shop. Same with Jackson Stars...I have seen some USA produced Jackson Stars also.

Anyone seen them before?

no
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've heard of some of the 'Grover Jackson' guitars being made in the USA, notably the Firebirds....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

mine is a kelly

Comment

I've seen some Grover Jacksons that had made in USA logo on it...I'm definitely looking into them for one of my next purchases...

Comment

Like this one:
            Yahoo!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????Yahoo!???????????????????????????????

Comment

saw some grover jackson PDVs in the ontario custom shop in 2001.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I haven't seen them myself...Does Grover actually build anymore? Or did he sell his name to someone else? Not that I would pay $7,500 for a guitar anyway, just like Karl Sandoval that is nuts.
                I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Originally posted by KLNowak View Post
                  I haven't seen them myself...Does Grover actually build anymore? Or did he sell his name to someone else? Not that I would pay $7,500 for a guitar anyway, just like Karl Sandoval that is nuts.
                  Grover left the company for good in 1989. But in Japan, there is a line of Jacksons called "Grover Jackson." That's what they're talking about. Some of these models may have had origins in the USA. When Grover took the company overseas (Japan) he was very concerned about quality control. By 1986 he launched the Charvel line which by then was entirely made in Japan and now referred to as the "Model" series. By 1986, some Jacksons became bolt on models (Dinky, Strat, and other Customs) thus replacing the original USA Charvels.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

very nice...will definitely try to post some pics of my grover jackson usa!

Comment

Working...
                    X