Need help on Era-Correct Pickups for '84 SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on Era-Correct Pickups for '84 SD

I'm wondering what the correct pickups were for the '84 SD.
    Anyone know?

Those could be correct. Duncan Distortion set was quite common.They are non logod correct?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

But Jacksons were all custom made to order, there wasn't really a 'standardized' anything. EMG's, Dimarzio, Duncan, etc. were all factory installed. If Duncans were chosen, the JB and Distortion were the most commonly selected models.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Pickups

I agree that they put in whatever pickups the customer ordered.
        However, the neck pickup is a Seymourizer, a discontinued hot neck pickup that was a common match for a bridge Distortion at the time. If the solder joints look untouched, I would say it's safe to assume these are the originals.
        GM,
        www.aftershok.com

Comment

as far as i know - its 100% org. There isn't a logo on the top-side of the pickups.

if i run the route of replacing them with current-day seyms... what would i look for when trying to match the same tone, dynamics, etc?

Comment

They look period correct to me. If You are planning to replace the DDJ I'd be happy to buy it from You or trade for other pickups.
            My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

DDJ - Duncan Distortion Made For Jackson...That I`ve read on another forum so I`m 100% it`s SD
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
              X