Jackson USA strat in the hay-ouse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson USA strat in the hay-ouse!

Got the Jackson strat from ebay today... kinda weird. It's a strat with a pickguard, has the 'made in usa' logo after the Jackson logo instead of under it, and has the JT6 hardware. Also has active electronics. Wood on the fingerboard is very light - almost tan instead of dark rosewood. SN is 407X, san dimas plate.

With the JT6 hardware and the SN, I'm guessing '87 or so, what do the experts think? I'll take some pics tonight. I'm not real happy about the pickups and hardware (Jackson pickups, JT6 trem... ugh) but the neck is pretty awesome and I like how it looks. Should be an excellent player.

Pete

Pics!
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Ontario strat...
      I'm curious to see the board.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        Ontario strat...
        I'm curious to see the board.
        yeah, but early ontario. I just dig the SD plate even if it isn't a 'true' SD guitar. I believe the placement of the 'made in USA' on the logo shows it's an ontario, just been about 5 or 6 years since I really got into the nitty gritty of this stuff.

I believe the board is pau ferro, but I'll have lots of pics. Friend of mine has a Charvel that was an employee guitar with a PF fingerboard, looks just like this.

Pete

Comment

Twisteramps, I sent you a PM awhile ago .

Comment

I've seen pau ferro all over the map. Some is kind of light, like you describe. And some is medium brown, with cool rust-like colored streaks in it. My recent strathead is darker, with very prominent and cool dark chocolate brown or black figuring. They all feel the same, though. Probably my favorite fretboard wood. It's like the bastard love child of ebony and rosewood. Feels like the former, looks more like the latter.

Congrats.

Comment

Working...
            X