No announcement yet.

Sometimes you get lucky with a find at GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really like the reversed headstock on that one, but it's only a metter of taste. Great guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      Im waiting for the first person to say,"Sweet, but the kahler kills it for me." I like it a lot. Lots of odd little details on that one.
      I'll be the first: The Kahler kills it for me
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Those are SD Duckbuckers singles and an EMG I believe.

Very nice.

Comment

It would be perfect if she had gold hardware, mop sharkfin inlays and a normal headstock...

Comment

I love it...maple fretboard, black sharkies and the reverse headstock...Brilliant.

Comment

You bastard Brian I called about that guitar 2 hours after he sold it to you!!

Congrats on it - it's a cool looking one, and the fixed Kahler and soloist neck profile will make it a nice player!
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's a beauty! I actually love the kahler and reverse headstock. For some strange reason I am imagining that axe in Buckethead's hands . . .

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                  You bastard Brian I called about that guitar 2 hours after he sold it to you!
                  Ian, you were 'asleep at the switch' as they say It was posted on gbase.com on either Tuesday or Wednesday last week, I called Friday morning, so you had a couple days to get it before me!

To answer some questions, it was posted on gbase by Cincinnati GC, and they included a pic of the original 'build-sheet' showing the exact specs and the full price of $3080. Also included with the guitar was the original invoice. It was ordered in August 2003 thru Lloyd at GuitarXpress and paid for in Nov 2003 for total paid price $2495. GC had it listed at $1399. They discounted the tax and shipping off the price, so I got it to-my-door for a little less than listed. I would have preferred to pay more like $1100-1200, and would have preferred the kahler to be floating, but in this day of $4000 custom shops if you order now coupled with the fact I've been looking for/longing for a reverse head black sharkie for 10 years, I figured what the heck and got it.

The build sheet mentioned pickups being Duncan SHC-1, SVC-1, TB-5. Both singles have split rails like a SVC-1 though. The bridge is passive and has 4 wires. It appears to be a painted 'old-school' jackson cover. I didn't want to loosen all the strings and take the pickups out last night to see if they have labels on them as I'm playing it at a gig tonight.

It plays excellent, better than my 2006 RR1T and 2005 SL2HT (both non-trems, both have same neck thickness as this one, so fairly equal comparison). Nut slot cuts, trus rod relief, bridge saddle heights were all perfect. Very low action with minimal buzzing. Very easy to play guitar.

I also think I like the white binding with the black sharkfins better than the black binding/black sharkfins on my DK2M.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                    Ian, you were 'asleep at the switch' as they say It was posted on gbase.com on either Tuesday or Wednesday last week, I called Friday morning, so you had a couple days to get it before me!
                    Yeah, it was the first time I'd used gbase in ages, cos I rarely seem to find stuff I want, and then damnitalltohell I just missed it!!

Still, now you have a new Jackson hardtail, maybe you should get rid of that 'other' one?
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

wow, i never seen a maple board with a whit binding. that really makes it special. Cool one! I hope it plays as good as it looks.
                      "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

I found this one at Guitar Center San Jose... was tagged for $1999, ended up getting it for $1450, cause the manager was always good to me.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

that is just beautiful Brian, coongrats to you sir -
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That fact that the Kahler is fixed, does it for me If it were floating, I'd have to pass!

Nice one! You could put a Kahler and bar unit on this , No? I would think the rout is the same, or is there no rout under a fixed Kahler? Nice grab!
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                              I found this one at Guitar Center San Jose... was tagged for $1999, ended up getting it for $1450, cause the manager was always good to me.
                              Hot Damn!! Wow both of you scored! Just try and order either of these now? You saved $2000.00!

Comment

That Kahler has no route it is a flatmount fixed bridge
                                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X