Early Jackson Restoration Ethical Dillemma, Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Jackson Restoration Ethical Dillemma, Advice Needed

Okay so I got this rhoads a real long time ago off a JCF member. Super early san dimas rr003x. Black on black string through, beautiful (brazillian?) rosewood board. Pretty much beat to shit had been routed for a kahler or something dumb like that.

So anyway, I've had this guitar sitting at GMW for a little over a year now. It's been completely sanded, the route has been filled in properly, and pretty much on it's way back to new.

I got the string through bridge and the other parts, just not the bushing and the mounting posts. And truthfully, I can't find this thing for the LIFE of me. It's killing me. I want that guitar.

Lee has offered to properly mount and stick in an OFR before paint, to have it look like new. However, that sortof defeats the purpose of "restoring" it. But If I can't find the parts? What are my other options? Only thing I have thought of is buying a Rhoads off ebay and cannibalizing it, but then I'm still stuck with that other rhoads.

What should I do?

Life is too short, install the "better "OFR and enjoy playing that
    bad boy! Just my 2 cents

Comment

Have Dave make you some bushings and posts.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yeah, get in touch with Budman at Fretsonthenet
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

When I wanted to replace the Gibraltar bridge on RR0849 with the original RR type bridge I had custom posts made. That was because I didn't want to change the pushings. But IIRC regular Gotoh TOM pushings and posts should work for a RR bridge.

Anyway if You end up not using the RR bridge I'd be happy to buy it. I need one or two of them and Dave doesn't have any in stock at the moment.
          My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            Life is too short, install the "better "OFR and enjoy playing that
            bad boy! Just my 2 cents
            +1

Or contact Budman
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

If you want it restored, get in touch with Dave. If you want a Floyd'd RR, then go for that...

I'd talk to Dave though!
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Unfortunately fellas he needs black posts and bushings if I recall and I can't do black chrome. I'm not sure if black anodized aluminum would be suitable for "restoration" quality-
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                X