PC-1 Headstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-1 Headstock

I think I may have answered my own question, but of course I'll leave final arbitration to the gurus.

Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Jackson PC-1 Phil Collen USA Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

MF's photo of a PC-1

The Music Zoo is an Authorized Jackson Dealer! Shop for your Jackson Guitar on our site now, or visit our showroom on Long Island, New York! Jackson Guitars were started in 1980, as Grover Jackson took over the shop he worked at from Wayne Charvel. Soon after Jackson was started, a young guitarist by the name of Randy

MusicZoo's.

Is MF showing an "older" pre-Jackson photo? I'm assuming that Jackson began using the "real" strathead shape after being bought by FMIC. If so, is this simply a case of MF using a photo of an older model?

Thanks!

Vass

Those pictures show two different stratheads. If you ask me, the MF version looks kind of funky, whereas the MZ version is right on.

Unless you meant the little black indent at MZ. There, you're looking at the arm of a wall hanger. That's a strat headstock hanging on the wall.

Comment

Yes, the MF pic is an older photo. The PC1 has actually had three different versions of that headstock over the years.

The original - shown in the MF pic - is the same as the mid-90s Charvel Reissues. Only very early PCs - possibly just the first year - used that one. I'm guessing it was a little too close for comfort to a real strathead, and J/C may have gotten a cease and desist from Fender.

The next headstock was similar, but isn't quite so sharply defined at the bottom. It had more of an arc to it, kind of a strathead-ish shape, with a slight little tele-head influence added at the bottom end.

About a year or two ago, FMIC allowed J/C to use the real strathead shape under license. All current PC1s have real stratheads.

Comment

Thanks so much guys- I really appreciate it.

Vass

Comment

Working...
        X