It Seems I have Been Misinformed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Seems I have Been Misinformed

I have been increasingly told by many sources over the years that certain guitar companies (including Jackson) have started to impliment the use of machines (to route and such) in building their USA models in order to cut production cost. I always thought it was bullshit that this was going on while the cost of guitars were on the rise, I figured why not pass the savings on to the customer? Well, I was recently informed that Jackson, don't know about other companies and don't really care, still build their USA models by hand. So considering the facts, I was wrong and for a guitar 100% built by hand I am more than happy to pay the asking price for. I have been bitching about the rise of prices a lot lately and wow talk about kicking myself in the ass. I guess basically that just goes to show if I don't hear it here then I should call bullshit. Looks like I owe a lot of folks here and at Jackson an apology and I suck at these but here goes:

I'm sorry for the shitty posts and bitching and I was wrong...Don't know if it makes a difference, if not oh well but I don't know what else to say. I would also like to apologise to the Admins for being a douche over the classifieds as I tend to over-react initially. Sorry for that guys. Kinda weak I know, but it's the best I could do. I can be an ass sometimes, but I can also admit when I am wrong. Thanks to Jacksonite for pointing this out on another forum.
    I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Brother I dig Jackson USA as well, I can vividly remember being a starting guitar playing and opening a MF mag and staring at a Soloist SL1, telling my buddy how I want it. He told me I was stupid.

Well I bought my guitar, and he came over and said its just like his LTD KH-502, I was like,....Eh.

Jackson USA rocks man, when I saw that guitar I wanted it in black, when I saw they had lightning sky, I got it in lightning instead!

But man sometimes I guess we all over-react, whats important is that you pick your fiddle!

Comment

Originally posted by wakeUPdead View Post
      Brother I dig Jackson USA as well, I can vividly remember being a starting guitar playing and opening a MF mag and staring at a Soloist SL1, telling my buddy how I want it. He told me I was stupid.

Well I bought my guitar, and he came over and said its just like his LTD KH-502, I was like,....Eh.

Jackson USA rocks man, when I saw that guitar I wanted it in black, when I saw they had lightning sky, I got it in lightning instead!

But man sometimes I guess we all over-react, whats important is that you pick your fiddle!
      No offense to your brother but comparing a made in Korea on an assembly line KH-502 to a hand built made in America SL1 is a pretty stupid thing to try to do...There is no comparison. That is like trying to compare my RR1 with my LTD Alexi-600

Comment

Originally posted by KLNowak View Post
        No offense to your brother but comparing a made in Korea on an assembly line KH-502 to a hand built made in America SL1 is a pretty stupid thing to try to do...There is no comparison. That is like trying to compare my RR1 with my LTD Alexi-600
        Oh I know brother! You don't have to tell me, I spared him the speach cause some people don't care. I used to catch shit all the time for spending high dollar on guitars in High school. People were like "he bought what?omgz."

But they don't realize that you only live once and you should infact get what you want.

Comment

KL we all live and learn and can be wrong we're human.Glad you are here.
          This is the best place to get info on J/C guitars barr none.
          And I have to say wakeupdeads soloist is pretty cool.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

"slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              And I've yet to see anything but pics of your goods man! Haha, your such a tease.

Comment

ha, i beat you-know-who
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I'm tippin' beer so I think your talking to me, but whatever.
                  http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...06&postcount=1

JB/Cool Rails. I'm a huge SD fan, I've done Custom and Distortion in that guitar and came full circle to the JB. I did a hot rails in the neck before, I found it too umm bassy/boomy. Cool Rails = just right. It does well with the Dual Recto I believe!

Comment

As long as its good beer Adam
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Its Corona Extra man! I love the stuff!

Comment

Yeah I love the info people have here...I feel like such a guitar noob.

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                        Why thank you kind sir!

Comment

I have been increasingly told by many sources over the years that certain guitar companies (including Jackson) have started to impliment the use of machines (to route and such) in building their USA models in order to cut production cost.
                          They've been using machines to build custom "hand build" guitars for the last... what.. 40 years...?

I wouldn't buy a guitar that was made without a pin router (machine) and templates. Hell, show me one that wasn't.

...and for a guitar 100% built by hand
                          So, hand sawing the neck with a panel saw, chiseling out the pickup routes and neck pocket with a hammer and chisel?

A pin router is a machine and there's not much more to it. You move the wood on the base and the machine cuts the shape by following a template. "100 % built by hand"? You tell me
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Well, I was recently informed that Jackson, don't know about other companies and don't really care, still build their USA models by hand. So considering the facts, I was wrong and for a guitar 100% built by hand I am more than happy to pay the asking price for.
                            I think you misunderstood, machines are still used, as jackson1 pointed out every guitar company and hell even most small production luthier's use machines for routing. I KNOW jackson does because we've seen pictures of them using said machines. They use machines and templates but they still do alot of work by hand, I know the archtop for my guitar was all done by hand for instance and my guitar is well worth what I paid for it. Its a shame its been completed since fucking December and sitting in their warehouse and nothing me or Matt does or says to them seems to have any effect. That and other serious QC issues is why I will probably never get another Jackson custom again. How hard is it to ship a fucking guitar. I mean I could see a month maybe 2 but FIVE?

In case you can't tell I'm frustrated

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisb View Post
                              I think you misunderstood, machines are still used, as jackson1 pointed out every guitar company and hell even most small production luthier's use machines for routing. I KNOW jackson does because we've seen pictures of them using said machines. They use machines and templates but they still do alot of work by hand, I know the archtop for my guitar was all done by hand for instance and my guitar is well worth what I paid for it. Its a shame its been completed since fucking December and sitting in their warehouse and nothing me or Matt does or says to them seems to have any effect. That and other serious QC issues is why I will probably never get another Jackson custom again. How hard is it to ship a fucking guitar. I mean I could see a month maybe 2 but FIVE?

In case you can't tell I'm frustrated
                              Apparently Jackson are bad for the time it takes them to build custom guitars
                              thats why Alexei Laho moved to ESP because they said they would do it quicker than what he was quoted by Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X