X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out...

A guitar on ebay.....

Here is a pic...

Here is a Sl2H BGF that I bought from another vendor for $1895...brand new.

The flame pattern is identical...I've never seen that. Additionally, the bridge pup has no logo.

I returned this guitar because the strings were shifted to the treble side of the neck and the pups didn't lineup. I took it to a authorized jackson repair center and the guy said that is was defective and to return it where I bought it from. I did.

More pics...

Maybe I'm crazy???
    sigpic

I bet it's the same one. Ask him what the serial number is maybe? Odd that the neck pickup has no logo on it. I recieved an SL2H in snowwhite and the pickups were not aligned either. I was able to loosen the screws and reposition the pickups tho. Also, it was missing 1 screw for the bridge pickup ring and I had to use some compound/polish on the paint from the case strap sitting on the guitar (messed up the clear) while it was just sitting in Jacksons "HOLD ALL GUITARS" area. lol

oh and the neck pu was floating around the route it was so low. It needed to be raised so the springs could work right! tisk tisk tisk

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post
      A guitar on ebay.....

Here is a pic...

Here is a Sl2H BGF that I bought from another vendor for $1895...brand new.

The flame pattern is identical...I've never seen that. Additionally, the bridge pup has no logo.

I returned this guitar because the strings were shifted to the treble side of the neck and the pups didn't lineup. I took it to a authorized jackson repair center and the guy said that is was defective and to return it where I bought it from. I did.

More pics...

Maybe I'm crazy???
      *************** Im interested in what your opinions are
      on your Ibanez guitars? Any QC problems with these? I would
      bet not?

Comment

Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but those strings look off center just like the one you had. So.............I think you are right!

Also check out the intonation settings on the Floyd Rose Trem....looks exactly the same too!
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

Heres another BGF ...you can see the flames are completely differant.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            *************** Im interested in what your opinions are
            on your Ibanez guitars? Any QC problems with these? I would
            bet not?
            Actually they now have issues too. My older ones didn't.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post
              Actually they now have issues too. My older ones didn't.
              Yes, recently I purchased a Prestige and the tremolo was not installed on the pivot posts correctly. Also it came with a non-Floyd spaced pickup in the bridge so the strings spread was wider than the pickup poles.

Best way to get a good guitar is to play before you buy but it's just impossible for some people. I try to buy from a place that has a good return policy.

Comment

Working...
              X