Older Jackson DK1 - why no love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Jackson DK1 - why no love?

I'm about to get a tobacco burst one - really looks like a nice guitar. I did a little searching on here, and they just don't seem to get as much respect/love/whatever as many other models.

Is it the 22 frets? Fact that it's a bolt on? Just curious, I think I'm going to dig it.

Pete

22 frets kill it for some.
    I have guitars with 21, 22 and 24 frets, so that aspect of it wouldn't bother me.
    -Rick

Comment

The Jackson pups and licensed trems maybe?
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
          The Jackson pups and licensed trems maybe?
          Hm, maybe mine has been modded... here's a pic:

Comment

[QUOTE=Twisteramps;921546]Hm, maybe mine has been modded... here's a pic:

AFAIK, the DK-1 came with SD pups, OFR and bound ebony boards with pearl inlays. I know some came with EMG's but I think those were the 24 fretters.

Comment

I owned a purpleburst DK-1 for awhile, and it came with Duncan's stock. Pretty sure that's always been the case. My only issue w/ it was the fact that it was a dinky... I really prefer a full sized Strat body. Other than that, she was perfect. Not sure why you don't see them too much 'round these parts....

-Kenn

Comment

... oh yeah... and the Floyd was stock as well.....

-Kenn

Comment

Yeah, the mid-90s (22 fret) DK1 had HSS Duncans and Original Floyds stock. The current DK1 (24 frets) has HH EMGs and Original Floyds. Both are great guitars. Killer necks on them.

Comment

I would love to find a 22 Fret Dk1, Hell I love 24 frets too!

But I feel that 24 frets should be more of a neck-through thing

I really prefer the Dinky body shape/size over the Soloist aswell
                    Last edited by Frigo89; 05-09-2007, 07:50 PM.
                    Out Of Ideas

Comment

Well, it ain't V shaped for starters. Need I go on?
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Awesome finish on that one, Pete!
                        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
                          Awesome finish on that one, Pete!
                          Thanks man. It comes in tomorrow... can't wait!

Comment

I have two 1997 Ontario DK-1s and they are my main axes. One is your basic all black, and the other is a lot like yours with killer quilt sunburst and gold hardware....That's the only other one like mine I've ever seen- Very cool! If you decide you don't like it....LOL (Seriously though-)
                            I've been so spread out with crap lately that I haven't had any time or inclination (depending on the moment....) to learn how to post pics directly in a thread- and maybe not allowed to yet anyway as far as I know! But check mine out here: http://www.myspace.com/mr_lizardman
                            I love mine- and I love the Seymours that are stock in 'em. Anyone know which models they are? I'm going to look in the catalog scans....
                            OFR, MOP logo on headstock and MOP sharkfins on ebony board with unpainted wood neck- fairly light but not quite as light as a King V or Rhoads- lots of cool tones available with the S-S-H configuration, too. Kind of a 'lost' model- not all that common it seems!

Comment

I have 24 frets on all my guitars...but..I think 22 frets are enough. There's no really use for frets 23 and 24 for most of the guitarists.

Comment

Working...
                              X