Serial Number help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Number help?

I'm hoping someone can assist me, since all efforts at getting information from Jackson and various online guitar sites have failed to date.

Sometime mid-2006 I bought a Jackson SL1T Soloist on eBay. It's an absolutely gorgeous combination of burgundy and gold, and it plays like a dream. It was sold as "used", but when it arrived, the original factory tags were still attached, there wasn't a scratch on the included Jackson case, and it was impossible to tell that this instrument had ever been touched by another human hand. I'm trying to determine what year this thing was made, but so far I've hit nothing but brick walls. The Jackson tag date says simply 11-30, but no year. The serial number at the end of the neck is U14953, and this matches what's on the tag.

Can anybody help me determine the age of this guitar? Thanks much!

The year is 2004

Comment

Wow, beautiful... that was fast! Do you have some sort of document listing these numbers out? I couldn't find anything anywhere that was newer than what's on the Jackson site itself.

Comment

The build/inspection date should have also been on the tag.
        -Rick

Comment

Bottom half of the tag (below "final inspection") is torn off at the perforation. This tag shows:

Model: SL-1FT
          Color: ALB (amber lagerburst?)
          S/N: U14953
          Assembly: IM
          Wiring: IM
          Setup: DH
          Final Inspection: KG 11-30

Comment

Sometimes they don't complete the tag unfortunately. I have a Kelly that I bought brand new and the date part of the hang tag was left completely blank at the factory. It happens.

Rudy
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by RayOHope View Post
              Wow, beautiful... that was fast! Do you have some sort of document listing these numbers out?
              Unfortunately not, but I have a Soloist with the serial 148xx which was finally inspected in October 2004.

Comment

Perfect... that works for me! The math looks right for that date to be 11/30/04.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I am truly disappointed at having been utterly ignored by Jackson (and their dealers) each of the multiple times I requested this info. I tried just about every email address I could find on their website (including dealers), and the custom shop. No good.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                    Sometimes they don't complete the tag unfortunately. I have a Kelly that I bought brand new and the date part of the hang tag was left completely blank at the factory. It happens.

Rudy
                    www.wickedrocks.com
                    +1
                    My PC1 LTD tag is completely blank except for "Assembly". I know it was assembled though

Yeah, and we needs pics. This is a mandatory practice here!
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                    X