No announcement yet.

Snow White DK1 has landed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking killer guitar man, looks perfect!

Comment

very nice looking dk1 you got there...thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Is it Snow White or Snow White Pearl?
        Isn't Snow White pearl? My 2006 RR1T is Snow White and it has pearl in the paint.

Very nice! I've been looking at a DK1 in Snow White for sometime, but I want to play a DK1 neck first before I decide.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
          I wonder what the ratio of DK1s to Soloists sold is? A DK1 with Duncans would be a great seller in my opinion, a better deal than a soloist(and some people like me actually prefer bolt-ons to neck throughs or set necks) I think a guitar like that for 1,200-1,400 could take some Les Paul and USA strat sales. I think the EMGs scare people away by seeming metal, even though after trying a guitar with them, I'm not scared anymore(wouldn't buy them though).

My ideal guitar would be a DK1 with Duncans, no tone, a blade switch and maybe a maple board, They should make that a regular variation!
          I'm on the opposite side of the fence on this one. If it had SD's, then basically all you'd have is a bolt-on version of a SL2H. IMHO, the EMGs are the selling point for it. The DK1 gives buyers the option of a owning a USA Jackson that comes stock with EMGs rather than having to mod one.
          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Today, I swapped the EMGs, putting the 85 in the bridge and the 81 in the neck, polished her up, oiled the fretboard and put a new set of DR strings on, and I'm liking it even better now. In the future, I would like to replace the tone knob with an EMG accessory (not sure which one yet). Then, a set of Schaller strap locks, and it will be done.

I have had several Soloists over the years, but never a USA Dinky (unless you count my Charvel SD1, which has a Dinky body). I never liked the glossy necks on the Soloists, and some were a bit thick for me, so I thought I would try a DK1, since its specs show a thinner neck with a satin finish. It was a little scary, never having played one, but I am happy to say that the experiment has proven to be successful. In fact, I just bought another USA Dinky, which will be the subject of its own post after I receive it.

Comment

Looks great! My buddy has a white SL2H like that.
              Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
              Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
              Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Man I love my black DK1. I share the same feelings about the Soloist with the glossy neck. Nice pick on the color. Now I want one. My wife thanks you in advance!

Comment

I have to say that I dig Dinkys more than Soloists. Maybe it's the snappy attack bolt-on neck has. I never minded the playability... since it's the same for me is it b-o, set or thru. Of course neckthru feels better but I play the same solos no matter the neck joint.

If I had money I'd invest on some H/H Dinky for sure. After I have my Custom Death Kelly in possession + few others
                  .: machine head vio-lence :.

Comment

nice - congrats
                    Let's try to fight with alcoholism! Drink more and leave less for others

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
                      I'm on the opposite side of the fence on this one. If it had SD's, then basically all you'd have is a bolt-on version of a SL2H. IMHO, the EMGs are the selling point for it. The DK1 gives buyers the option of a owning a USA Jackson that comes stock with EMGs rather than having to mod one.
                      I agree 100%, Mark. I wish other USAs came with EMGs stock. I've considered a DK1 (I'm actually watching a lightning one right now) for a couple of reasons - the thinner neck and EMGs being the main ones.

Congrats quicksilver, it looks sweet. And that's one helluva collection you've got there!
                      I see the Dinky Dragon in there, are you the current (or former) owner of it?
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Hi guys!

I think I am quite late in getting onto this thread, but...

I am fortunate to be going to New York In November and the GBP/USD exchange rate is quite favourable at the moment, making the DK1 a very reasonable buy. I have a Japanese Pro Soloist from 1991 so am well versed in Jacksons. The only stumbling block for me with potentially the neck joint: how easy is it to reach the higher frets and is the neck joint slimmed down/bevelled? My only bolt-on experience is with Ibanez RGs, which have the very comfortable all-access neck joint, which is superb - is the Jackson DK1 as comfortable? Thanks!

Comment

very very nice!
                          congrats

Comment

Looks great! White with black hardware is definitely a winning combination, but for some reason, we don't seem to see that many. I'm struggling to recall seeing a white DK1 before...
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

freaking sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Beautiful! I would have personally gotten the one with the maple board, but it's still kickass. Gotta love white guitars.
                                I've never seen a DK1M except a Custom Shop one, which was black with white body binding and a reverse headstock. The alternative would be to buy a DK2M, and replace the Duncans with EMG's, and the JT580LP with an OFR.
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                                X