Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is so 'bad' about modern USA Jacksons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atarilovesyou View Post
    The trem can't do extreme pullups because the routing under the trem keeps it from having a full range of motion like most other trems.
    I had this problem on my custom shop soloist. I could only pull an open G to B, which is silly. IMO.

Anyways I fixed the problem. It was actually the saddle screws for setting the intonation that were contacting the route. I fixed mine. Now I can easily pull up to C.

I have a thread on it in the tech section I think. If you want details PM me.
    sigpic

Comment

There are some obvious flaws on my KV2's binding(the upper stripe).It shouldn't have been there.I wouldn't expect that from a 2K guitar.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I see this problem all the time...

That is ridiculous on a 2k guitar. They ruined an otherwise nice instument.

More wasted wood.
        sigpic

Comment

But they aren't the only ones. Here is a Prestige Ibanez.

Maybe I just have bad luck.
          sigpic

Comment

S-man,yes,that's the problem on my guitar.Only,in a different location.I hated that when I noticed it.Fortunately,the guitar is very very good sound and playablity wise,and there are not other cosmetic flaws.
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I think in general quality has gone down in everything these days. It's all about getting stuff done and out the door to collect the $. The true craftsmanship and passion for what is being created just isnt as strong as it used to be. It just a big sales competition.

Cars, guitars, movies,music,video games. Whatever it is it's harder to find real superb quality product. Sure theres some great stuff still but to me not as much as there used to be.

I can totally agree with the lack of quality Ebony boards on guitars lately I have noticed this on some newer additions to the collection.

Theres one I'm not even sure if it is ebony, looks more like dyed Rosewood to me.

Comment

Your right it's hard to find good help these days.

Btw...I returned the guitars pictured above.

I just refused a DK2M because the binding was falling of the headstock.

All these guitars were brand new out of the box. I opened the boxes.

I ordered a replacement for the DK2M. I'll just keep ordering new ones until they send something that isn't flawed. What a pain in the ass!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                  In addition to that, I've noticed that mojo seems more prevalent in guitars that are a little beat up. Perhaps if you buy a new Jackson, and beat the crap out of it, it learns to hold on to the mojo.
                  **************** Yeah, i had a 64' Strat that was owned my
                  Muddy Waters, who later gave it to Hendrix, who then gave it to
                  Johhny Winter...then i bought it... didnt seem to play all that well,
                  so i replaced the pickups in it with OLP OEMs... and then just sold it
                  for $899.00 That Mojo stuff doesnt exist imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
                    Theres one I'm not even sure if it is ebony, looks more like dyed Rosewood to me.
                    Yeah, that's how my 2003 SG is. I swear it's gotta be dyed rosewood and not real ebony.

I think the reason quality has gone down across the board brand-wise over the years is because now EVERYONE plays guitar.

Although the newer stuff can be very badass and very high quality, I think on average quality lacks because now Jackson (and everyone else) makes 10 billion guitars per year, and in the 80s they made a fraction of that. I can't think of any other reason why I would go into guitar center, pick up a $2000 USA Rhoads, and just want to put it back up on the wall.

Also it seems like the parts are cheaper. Everything you look at, no matter if it's cars, guitars, film cameras, amps, stereos, etc.; SO much metal has been replaced with plastic over the years. It will probably only get worse.

Plus, now Fender owns everything. Leave it to Fender to build a piece of shit where they cut every corner to make it cheaper. I have a 1997 Sunn Model T that Fender made and the casing around the head is pressed particle board with tolex on it. That thing weighs like 50 pounds or something. I had to take the whole thing apart and reinforce the casing for the head with corner brackets just so it could support the weight of the head without breaking apart when I picked it up (on Model Ts the handles are on the sides of the head, so when I would pick it up the wood casing would seriously bow). What a bunch of shit for a head that probably cost $1000 or more new.
                    Last edited by nsubulysses; 05-20-2007, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Just he heretical opinion, having owned or played everything from SD strathead charvels to new off the rack Jacksons at GC and everything in between:

I prefer guitars from the late 80s-very early 90s. They had some killer guy doing fretwork then... those necks are amazing. The overall quality is very good, but the guy who did the frets on several guitars I've played from that era was like a Human Plek Machine.

Pete

Comment

I agree with Mikernaut, the ebony they put on necks is lighter than the old ones, even on CS guitars... and this thing is not so good.
                        Light Lies Trailer
                        www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
                        www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                          In addition to that, I've noticed that mojo seems more prevalent in guitars that are a little beat up. Perhaps if you buy a new Jackson, and beat the crap out of it, it learns to hold on to the mojo.
                          So would those new Ike Turner tribute strats come from the factory with mojo?

http://www.themusiczoo.com/FenderCus...atCN98514.html

Comment

I never played an older one, but I "could" have the opportunity to play a 1990's Warrior Warbird(USA)...only problem is I don't even know the guy too well who owns it. The sad thing is...he doesn't play guitar! The guitar was given to him. Oh well.

Anyway, I have an '03 kelly and it plays good. But I guess there are some things you have to look out for when buying a guitar. The chances of getting a flawed guitar is likely higher today than before, as more guitars have to be pushed out the doors than ever before. However, I wouldn't let this bug me bad enough to not get a new USA guitar. The USA guitars are still good...hell, even the Jap guitars play awesome. It just comes down to if you get a flawed guitar or not, IMO. The chances are likely very low for this, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                              I agree with Mikernaut, the ebony they put on necks is lighter than the old ones, even on CS guitars... and this thing is not so good.
                              I've seen a few wood sellers stating that naturally black ebony is becoming somewhat rare and that we'd best all get used to striped or dyed ebony.
                              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Thanks guys...it's very nice to wait my factory sealed Jackson KV-2 and read these stories The guitar should be here in any minute...but...like I said...I had 2001 (or 2002) RR-1T and 2001 KV-2....no problems. Excellent guitars and quality.

I remember this thread -> http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=jackson+2007

It seems that Fender era Jacksons shares opinions heavily....comparing comments from this thread to thread above....
                                Last edited by Ben_D; 05-21-2007, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X